Fred’s is a healthy start-up eatery located on South University street in Ann Arbor, MI. Since Fred’s opening this past spring, it has quickly become one of the trendiest spots to eat at on campus. Fred’s offers a variety of on-trend healthy eats and drinks, such as avocado toast with a fried egg on top and kale smoothies.

Each item at Fred’s can satisfy different cravings depending on one’s mood, so here’s a guide to help please your palette based on how you’re feeling. 

If you’re feeling happy…

Fred's

Photo courtesy of @fredslol on Instagram

Order the Beach Blanket. This drink is perfect for a sunny day with your friends. Take selfies with these pretty pink drinks while lying in the Diag with your shades on, accompanied by your bffs.

If you’re feeling pretty average…

Fred's

Get the Avocado Toast. This is your go-to Fred’s item, and Fred’s avo toast is pretty versatile. Personally, I’m feeling avocado toast in just about any mood or circumstance. Get this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and add a fried egg to make it more of a substantial meal.

If you’re feeling healthy…

Fred's

Get the Acai Bowl. Get this if you’re feeling a fresh and healthy snack. This is the perfect meal for a date with a friend, and you can add granola and almond butter to the bowl to make it more filling.

If you’re feeling sad…

Fred's

Get the Brown Rice Bowl. If you just had a bad day and you want something warm and delicious to make you feel better, you need this. This dish has so many amazing flavors in one, you won’t be able to focus on the problems you had before. All you’ll be thinking is, “Damn this is good.”

If you’re feeling swol….

Fred's

Photo by Claudia Haimovici

Get the Brotein Smoothie. This is the perfect post-workout drink, so get this after breaking a sweat when you want to get stronger. Protein helps build muscle, allowing your body to recover, and making you feel trendy all at the same time.

If you’re feeling chilly…

Fred's

Get the Spicy Chicken Sandwich. When you need some warm comfort food to soothe your soul, but you also want to jazz it up with the addition of some spicy chicken and greens, this is the selection for you. Fred’s makes a great grilled cheese, but why not get a little more elaborate?

Overall, you really can’t go wrong at Fred’s. Depending on your mood, pick your choice, and I can almost always guarantee you’ll be satisfied. Your belly and your overall emotional state will be glad you did.