Barbeque season is upon us yet again. There’s nothing better than grilling with your friends and eating juicy burgers. But why let it be another summer full of boring toppings? Why not try mixing things up a little bit with some fresh summer toppings for your freshly grilled burgers/sliders? It’s always good to be adventurous and try new things. I’ll be honest with you, I was a little afraid to try some of these combinations, too. But in the end your taste buds will thank you and so will your friends.
Expert Cooking Tip: Make a little divot in the burgers with your thumb before cooking them. This will help them keep their shape. They won’t blow up and get round.
1. Salsa, monterey jack cheese and jalapeños
2. Avocado, swiss cheese and sprouts
3. Honey mustard, brie and granny smith apples
4. Mango salsa and bacon – my personal favorite!
5. Cranberry sauce, brie and gruyere
6. Brie and granny smith apples with a hint of mustard