Thanksgiving is almost here, but there's a little pre-Thanksgiving holiday that you and your friends should try before heading home: Friendsgiving. It's a way to say thanks to your best buds for, you know, putting up with you and stuff.

Friendsgiving is all about the friends and food of course, but an added bonus is the cost. If your friend group decides to celebrate, the dinner can easily be a potluck. If everyone contributes, no one is paying too much for a huge meal. 

I've compiled some of the best Thanksgiving recipes that are easy, inexpensive, and a bit different from your traditional Thanksgiving dishes. Make one or all of these for the most flavorful Friendsgiving ever.

1. Sweet Potato Oaties

cereal, sweet, corn, wheat
Eva Reynolds

All this super sweet treat needs is cereal, canned sweet potatoes, and a few baking ingredients. You can substitute any crunchy, sweet candy or cereal you'd like. Plus, it only takes about 45 minutes to make. 

2. Classic Green Bean Casserole

vegetable, meat, chicken, rice, seafood, sauce
Morgan Nielsen

This traditional dish only needs about 20 minutes in the oven, and it only requires four ingredients and some salt and pepper. Get all the details to add some comfort food to your potluck.

3. Mushroom Gravy

parsley, vegetable, rice, meat, pork, herb, beef
Katherine Baker

If weird gravy with mysterious chunks isn't your thing, try making this vegan version of gravy for the turkey this year. 

4. Pumpkin Pie Spring Rolls

Helena Lin

If pumpkin pie feels overdone, try this simple, single-serve dessert recipe made with pumpkin puree and deep-fried to perfection. Get the recipe for the perfect pie alternative.

5. Vegetarian Stuffed Squash

vegetable, rice, acorn squash, meat, squash
Clara Park

Loaded with protein and nutrients, this dish tastes like Thanksgiving without the traditional dishes. Plus, it's easy to cook for a group without having to cut and share. 

6. Pumpkin Spice Brussels Sprouts

vegetable, sprouts, brussels sprout, meat
Florence Ma

Surprise your friends with something unexpectedly good—Brussels sprouts seasoned with pecans, pumpkin spice, and maple syrup. Brussels sprouts don't have to be gross if you cook them the right way. 

7. Baked Mac and Cheese

vegetable, cheese, meat
Alia Nahra

Everyone loves it, so why not make it fancy and bake it in the oven? This recipe adds one extra step to a super easy process to make mac and cheese even better (if that's possible).

8. Turkey Meatballs

sauce, spaghetti, tomato, pasta, basil, tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce
Dana Sorkin

Instead of attempting to cook an entire turkey for your Friendsgiving, try these super easy, bite-sized versions. Covered in bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, these meatballs only take about 10 minutes to cook. 

9. Cranberry Sauce

jam, sweet, berry, marmalade, gelatin, cranberry sauce, compote
Helena Lin

Possibly the easiest Thanksgiving classic, this is arguably the simplest cranberry sauce recipe on the Internet. If you're crunched for time, this is the way to go.

10. Broccoli Cheddar Rice Cups

sweet, dairy product, pastry, cake, cream
Caitlyn Heter

A Friendsgiving twist on broccoli, cheese, and rice casserole, these mini casserole cups are easy to pass out and eat. Just one pan can feed all of your friends. 

11. Mashed Cauliflower 

cheese, spinach, parmesan
Alison Weissbrot

If eating mashed potatoes makes you feel a bit guilty, try replacing them with cauliflower in this recipe. You won't even notice the difference (probably).

Friendsgiving is meant to be a time to kick back and eat good food with great friends, not stress out about cooking. Armed with these recipes, all you'll need to worry about this Friendsgiving is working up enough of an appetite to try every dish twice.