I first discovered Food Network in high school when I would stay home from school claiming to be sick. While channel surfing, I remember being intrigued suddenly by a man with spiked white hair and sunglasses on eating a giant hamburger, obviously Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and since then I've been hooked.

I've seen almost every show the Food Network makes, so I believe I have the authority to make a list like this one. Here is a definitive ranking of the top 10—both past and current—Food Network shows.

10. Cupcake Wars

Coming in at number 10 is Cupcake Wars. To anyone with a sweet-tooth who loves competition-style shows, this one is for you.

9. 30 Minute Meals

Rachael Ray is one of the most famous celebs from the Food Network, so naturally her show had to make the list.

8. The Best Thing I Ever Ate

This show featured a bunch of Food Network chefs talking about the best food they've ever had and where to find it. Did it get much better than that?

7. The Great Food Truck Race

Not only is there great food featured, but it's also a race? Count me in. 

6. Ace of Cakes

Anything you can think of can be made into cake, and Duff Goldman and his team proved that to be right. 

5. Good Eats

Even though this show is no longer on-air, it still gets a top spot on my list. Alton Brown is a true food genius.

4. Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

Guy Fieri and some of the best food in America. That is all.

3. Iron Chef America

With both the exciting competition and some of the best chefs in the world, this show is sure to impress. Plus there's more Alton Brown.

2. Chopped

Maybe it's the unique ingredients or the unique chefs, but something about this show is just so intriguing. You can easily watch eight episodes in a row. #NoShame

1. Barefoot Contessa

This one may be controversial, but if you are a true Food Network fan, then you know to appreciate Ina Garten. As the grandmother of the network, Ina has a peaceful and calming way of creating amazing dishes, all for her husband Jeffrey. 

So whether you're into the old-fashioned Food Network shows or the newer competition shows, there's something for everybody on this channel.