Food is the best part of the day. Every college campus has food items or food moments that are unique. From Benson specials to late-night snacking, Santa Clara University is no exception. Take a look at this list and we’re sure you’ll find some memories that resonate with it.

Complaining about the prices on campus.

Photo by Alexa Rojek

The specials usually range from $9.99 to $12.99, but can sometimes get up there closer to $16.99. Even with a meal plan, this can be hard to justify. For juniors, seniors, and off-campus underclassmen, resorting to Benson food can put a huge dent in your wallet. Try these Benson hacks next time, and maybe you’ll fare a little better.

A late night Ben & Jerry’s run at The Cellar.

Photo courtesy of theicecreaminformant.com

The Cellar is at your service Sunday-Thursday 10:30am to 11:59pm and Friday and Saturday 10:30am to 10:00pm. There are plenty of Cellar snacks to choose from, but most of us just end up heading straight back to the freezer section to select our fave flavor of Ben and Jerry’s. Take this quiz to see what Ben and Jerry’s flavor you are, and try that flavor out for yourself.

Having to forfeit your Tapingo to get to class on time.

Photo courtesy of hercampus.com

I’ve received many GroupMe messages of someone saying that their Tapingo is up-for-grabs because they were running late to class. The estimated time stamp on Tapingo can never be trusted. Whether morning coffee or blueberry muffin, get your order in bright and early or take a peak at these breakfast options you can eat with one hand if you’re running late.

Ordering mozzarella sticks and curly fries at 1:00 am.

Photo courtesy of scu.edu

Because why not? If the ultimate late-night question of “wanna go the Bronco?” is met with a resounding yes (as it should be), your cravings are guaranteed to be satisfied by a menu full of delicious and greasy foods. You can’t go wrong choosing between sweet potato, curly, or regular fries- and throwing in an order of mozzarella sticks is a must. See if your late night drunchies compare to these stories.

Shopping at The Cellar and having Cecilia make your day.

Photo courtesy of scu.edu

She is the happiest and sweetest worker on campus. Loved by the SCU community, she even has a Facebook page dedicated to her kindness. Cecilia often greets me with a “hi, how are you today” before I have time initiate the conversation myself. She’ll compliment me on my healthy choice of a snack when I buy an apple or yogurt, or help me justify my barkTHINS purchase. 10/10.

Watching your sauté turn into something you definitely did not order.

Photo by Alexa Rojek

I had a friend who wanted grilled chicken on top of her salad, but her salad bowl got dumped into the sauté pan instead. Whoops. But in all honesty, these chefs are working hard to meet the demands of sometimes impatient and rude college students, and a little mishap every once in a while is completely fine.

Yes, it sucks if it’s your food, but they’re understandable about making you a new one. Sauté will always hold a special place in my heart even if I see twenty bowls ahead of mine. Test your own stir fry skills with this veggie recipe.

Waiting in line on “Sushi Tuesday.”

Photo by Malyna Sanchez

“Sushi Tuesday” brings in long lines of hungry college kids. I’m not a big sushi person myself, but I’ve heard that this Tuesday special is, well special. Find a buddy and hop in line to wait out your lunch-time delicacy.

And waiting in the sandwich line.

Photo by Catherine ****

I’m not a fan of deli meats or spreads, so it took me until the end of spring quarter to try my first sandwich. For $6.69, you’re definitely getting your money’s worth. The lines on Monday, Wednesday, Friday (usually 11:35- 12:50) and on Tuesday, Thursday (at 12:00 to be exact) are a totally daunting, so try to kill 15 minutes until the line dies down.