While I will be the first to admit I am not particularly thankful for the lack of options or the hour-long deli lines at the DUC, I will say that in my first couple months at Emory I have found my go to restaurants around campus.

It’s been a rough time for Emory students, you know with Yogurt Tap closing and all, but with holiday season coming up, I think it’s important that we take a second to acknowledge the restaurants around campus we are thankful for not just on Thanksgiving, but every day.

Thaicoon

sushi, tuna, wasabi, avocado, crab, ginger
Zoe Pinzon

I’m not sure if you can consider yourself an Emory student if you haven’t ordered their spicy tuna cracker appetizer. Their delivery service, which no exaggeration comes in a half hour, is definitely something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. 

Rise and Dine

coffee, cappuccino, espresso, milk, mocha, cream
Hannah Mayblum

On the subject of brunch, we are blessed with another Sunday morning option so close to campus in Emory Village. Best part? Rise and Dine has the biggest menu. Get an omelette if you’re watching your calories and get the nutella pancakes if you’re on a cheat day. I am definitely thankful for the free refills on iced coffee because it’s the only coffee near campus I can actually enjoy without feeling guilty about all the money I spent on it. 

General Muir
soup
Ally Golden

Everyone knows that no Sunday is complete without a relaxing morning brunch. Maybe that’s why there is always a line at General Muir. Either way, bagels and lox are a must on the weekend and lets face it, this is probably the closest you’ll get to a good bagel. Emory students are also thankful for the matzoh ball soup here.

BoruBoru

salad, spinach, kale
Ally Golden

This new addition to Emory Point dining is something every student should be thankful for this Thanksgiving. If you haven’t, be sure to go to BoruBoru as soon as possible. Oh, and don’t forget to instagram while you’re there

Although we are grateful for these restaurants exclusive to Emory, let’s not forget about the chain restaurants we are lucky to have near Emory. For Panera, Chipotle, and Burgerfi, Emory students are always thankful.