It’s that time of the year again: Finals are coming up, the holidays are just around the corner, and similar to Buddy, it seems like we’re all running on a full forty minutes of sleep. But every now and then, you can give yourself a break to get into the holiday mood, so why not combine your christmas spirit with a fun night with your closest pals?
Forewarning, if you play this game every time you watch Elf this holiday season, you might develop a liver deficiency, but everyone can use a break from the library every now and then. So here it is, a drinking game to go along with everyone’s favorite holiday movie, and all you need is a cup full of Christmas spirit (or wine or beer):
Take a sip every time:
- You get secondhand embarrassment: Because this game is all that will make your sadness for Buddy’s social skills go away.
- Buddy faces some kind of issue due to his size: Take two sips if Buddy shows signs of pain 🙁
- Buddy freaks out about Santa: Actually, take a gulp, ‘cause let’s all cheers for the man in the big red suit.
- There is a low key sexual joke: We didn’t get it the first time we saw the movie, but now that we do, let’s drink to it!
Take a shot and chase with hot chocolate or apple cider whenever:
- Buddy eats something that makes you cringe: Because you should really experience the movie with buddy.
- Someone sings: Hum the song while you’re drinking.
- The Naughty or Nice list is mentioned: Because we’re all on the naughty list for making a drinking game out of a children’s movie. Say the name of someone you’re playing with who’s most likely to be on the naughty list before taking your shot.
- Whenever Buddy mentions the Christmas spirit:Since we’re getting really spirited here, try drinking both at the same time.
- Something sort of heartwarming happens: No, you can’t drink the whole movie. Let the burning feeling of alcohol and hot chocolate warm your heart.
- Physical fight breaks out: Because chugging a drink during a fight is really the only rational thing to do. If you finish your drink before the fight is over, try and steal the drink of the person next to you.
- If you cry: Don’t lie, you’ve gotten emotional before at some point in the movie.