Not everyone has as intense of a French fry obsession as Jennifer Lawrence, but we all should. Plain French fries are already pretty damn tasty, but adding in salt, pepper, thyme and Parmesan will trick everyone think you’re serving them a gourmet meal. In case you needed any more convincing, here are five reasons from J. Law herself on why you should drop everything and make these fancy fries right now.
1. They will make you remember why you love food in the first place.
2. French fries are always there for you, even if you forget them in the oven.
3. They’re entirely edible, so you’ll never be stuck in this unfortunate situation.
4. You will be in awe of what a gourmet chef you have become with one simple French fry recipe.
5. Thinking about fries is the perfect distraction from anything and everything.
So take Jennifer’s advice and make these fries, so you can sound really cool when people ask you what you did today.
French Fries with Thyme and Parmesan
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
1 bag frozen French fries (we like Trader Joe’s Handsome Cut Potato Fries)
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
½ cup shredded Parmesan
Salt and pepper
1. Cook fries according to directions on the package.
2. Let sit for five minutes before placing fries in a large bowl. Toss with salt and pepper, Parmesan and thyme.
3. Devour accordingly.