We've all eaten pizza with that person. You know, the person who gets a slice of pizza and promptly whips out a napkin to take the grease off. Some look on with disgust, while others discreetly degrease theirs, too. So, does blotting pizza with a napkin really save calories? That's what we're here to find out. 

I'll be honest, I'm a dabber myself. I can't help it. When I see a slice of pizza with a layer of grease on top, I have to make some sort of attempt to save calories. I am simply trying to avoid the Freshman 15 for as long as possible.  

Haters say that dabbing pizza does nothing to save fat or calories, but I have some news that will blow that concept right out of the brick oven.... IT DOES. Yes, you heard that right. Taking the grease off pizza reduces fat and calories.  

The New York Daily News reports that a de-greased slice of pizza has 77 fewer calories and 4.5 less grams of fat than a normal greasy slice. If you eat pizza on the daily, degreasing your slice could save you thousands of calories each year (of course, depending on how much pizza you eat). I don't know about you, but I see that as an excuse to grab another slice!

Now comes another crucial question: How does one blot their pizza without destroying the cheesy goodness? I mean, come on, it's not like we all devour pizza like mad people—we can't get enough of the crust. The cheese is the main attraction to the whole dish.

To properly dab a slice of pizza, just take a napkin and lay it lightly against the top of the pizza. Next, use a slight pressure to gently soak up the layers of grease, but make sure not to press down too hard in order to maintain maximum cheesiness. Finally, throw away that calorie filled napkin and savor a pure slice of joy! Pizza has never tasted so good.