chrissy teigen

Photo by Rachel Williamson

Last night on Stone Street, tucked in the middle of New York’s Financial District, Stella Artois raised a glass (cough, chalice) to National Belgium Day in true Belgian style. Although the incredible dinner made everyone wish they were Belgian, the true buzz of the night was around Stella’s new online documentary series called “the Butcher, the Baker, the Belgium Beer Maker,” which features everyone’s ultimate girl crush—Chrissy Teigen.

chrissy teigen

Photo by Rachel Williamson

I didn’t know what to expect before I attended the dinner. But knowing model Chrissy Teigen’s food blog So Delushious and having consumed my fair share of Stella Cidre while I was studying abroad, I knew the dinner was going to be nothing less than fabulous and fattening. Calories don’t count on National Belgium Day, right?

chrissy teigen

Photo by Rachel Williamson

Before dinner even began, we were invited to go shopping in their farmer’s market. Confused, but hungry, I followed the cobblestone path and found bountiful tables of bread, cheese, meats and olive oil. One of the best parts of the evening was finding out more behind each delicious detail of the event, from the 400-year-old family grove behind Euphoria olive oil to Rosario Dawson’s new Fashion Rising clothing line from STUDIO 189. Yeah, that was my shameless way of saying not only did I sit next to Chrissy, but across from Rosario Dawson, actress and curator.

chrissy teigen

Photo by Rachel Williamson

Our menu was presented on an engraved souvenir cheese board. I took it home and plan on framing it in my apartment to forever remember the night I talked about food with John Legend’s wife (pinch me). There were three courses and I was full after my farmer’s market spree, but of course I kept eating. And when Stella Artois’ Jeff Plassman asked me and Chrissy which dish was our favorite, we agreed that the salad was exceptional. Chrissy pointed out the fluffy pastry atop the greens and Plassman mentioned that the heirloom tomato salad was also accompanied with a vinaigrette made from Stella Cidre.

chrissy teigen

Photo by Rachel Williamson

chrissy teigen

Photo by Rachel Williamson

chrissy teigen

Photo by Rachel Williamson

By far my favorite aspect of the night was getting to talk to Chrissy, Rosario, her cousin and the other guests. The twinkly-light and stella chalice chandelier lit table certainly made for an intimate atmosphere, which complimented our super sophisticated conversation about the TV show “My Strange Addiction.” Another highlight was when Chrissy jokingly (but completely seriously) asked if there was A1 sauce. Although I was disappointed the A1 sauce didn’t show up, I left dinner content with that the fact that Chrissy is just as goofy and glamorous as she sounds on her blog, Twitter and Instagram, and I still want to be best friends with her.

Thanks to Spoon and Stella Artois, I had an awesome, filling, fan-girling evening.