Let's be real, we have all taken some form of sleep aid when we're having a hard time falling asleep. Melatonin, NyQuil, Benadryl, you name it—college students will do anything to get some shut eye when our mind is racing. However, after taking synthetic sleep aids, I always feel groggy in the morning, almost as if I didn't sleep at all. Getting the recommended 6-8 hours per night poses a great challenge and taking a sleep aid that makes you more tired is less than ideal.

But have no fear, there's a new natural, organic tea that helps promote sleep and let me tell you, it works. Coyotea is brewed fresh each week and sold on Georgetown's campus and is quickly expanding into the greater Washington DC area. Here's how it works and why you need to get a bottle next time you are unable to sleep. 

How It Got Started

beer, cake
Jamie Rhee

After two deployments to Afghanistan, Christian Hyland found it hard to get a peaceful night's sleep. Sleep aids only made him feel groggy and restless the morning after and sometimes they would not even work. Christian has always experimented with brewing teas and discovered a combination of herbs that helped promote sleep. 

What You're Drinking

beer, tea, oil
Jamie Rhee

As a melatonin and synthetic amino-free drink, Coyotea combines only organic and natural herbs to promote sleep. Each 8-oz bottle contains lemon balm, hops, valerian, peppermint, chamomile, lavender, poppy, and passionflower. These ingredients are brewed separately and then combined to ensure that the most powerful ingredients have the most profound effect. 

Jamie Rhee

Lemon balm and hops reduce anxiety, nervousness, and irritability. Valerian, peppermint, chamomile, and lavender calm the body by sedating the nervous system and muscles. California poppy and passionflower enhance these ingredients, add flavor, and induce sleep.

As someone who has used melatonin as a sleeping aid, I'm happy to have found a more natural sleep aid that works just as well, if not better. After drinking Coyotea (and one bottle is all you need), I had such a peaceful and restful night's sleep. I drank the tea throughout my midterm week, so falling asleep and feeling refreshed in the morning was crucial, and Coyotea did not disappoint.

So curl up, watch your favorite show, drink some Coyotea, and enjoy a peaceful night's sleep. 

Order bottles and learn more about Coyotea here