T. Anthony’s is one of the most well-known places to eat on BU’s campus. Though the line is usually out the door come midnight, no matter what your night’s plan is, it’s likely that it will end with some mozzarella sticks or a pizza pie shared with friends.

The long wait is worth, it and the social scene is always bumping. Chances are you run into someone you know whenever you stop at T. Anthony’s.

T. Anthony's

Photo by Katie Zizmor

Though not a huge fan of pizza or mozzarella sticks myself, I’ve ended up at T. Anthony’s many times, usually accompanied by one of my best friends, who also happens to be T. Anthony’s biggest fan and best customer.

Known by first name by all the employees and usually spotted behind the counter, my friend frequents T. Anthony’s often enough that by request earlier this year. she had a pizza made to order just for her. It has since spread around campus.

Always the type of person to order both pizza and mozzarella sticks and get the best of both worlds, she came up with the idea to combine the two, and ordered a pizza topped with mozzarella sticks. After an Instagram of the pizza was posted to spread it’s debut, the new phenomenon was sent around campus and the requests to make the pizza came flooding in.

T. Anthony's

Photo by Katie Zizmor

Since the invention, the pizza has been named The Silber Way Pizza after its inventor, Allie Silber (and the past president of the university whose name hangs on Silber Way down in East Campus). The name ties in both the credit given to its student inventor and T. Anthony’s fan, and the culture of BU.

T. Anthony's

Photo by Katie Zizmor

So next time you see a mozzarella stick pizza on Snapchat or Instagram, or you find yourself craving both popular menu items, think of the Silber Way and give it a try.

T. Anthony's

Photo by Katie Zizmor