The word on the street is that the Commons Dining Hall Omelet Station has had a revamping. Yup, you heard me– Commons’ most popular food station has just been equipped with brand new burners. Imagine the possibilities– quicker cooking, shorter lines, and crispier “comelets.” YUM.

For those of you unfamiliar with the term “comelet,” you’ve clearly never tried the delicious omelets cooked by the talented chefs of the Vanderbilt University Commons (and for the record, the omelets made in Rand Dining Hall are just not the same.) Available on Monday, Wednesday, Friday until 1:30 pm, and on Saturday and Sunday until 3 pm, these “com-elets” are the go-to cure for your morning blues or hangover of any magnitude. Students can order their eggs either scrambled or omelet-style and can choose from a variety of fresh and flavorful ingredients to add to the mix. I suggest an onion, tomato, mushroom, spinach and cheese combination- it never fails to hit the spot. Keep in mind, however, that a “com-elet” is not complete without the famous Commons breakfast potatoes, so make sure to ask the chef for a side of those crispy tater tots before you head to the check-out counter.

Photo by: Isabel Ross

As if all of this weren’t enticing enough, did I mention that this Commons staple is covered in your basic meal plan? So, what are you waiting for? Get your butt over to Commons right now and customize the “comelet” of your dreams!