Last week’s meeting featured exceptional coffee from Madcap, Stumptown and Intelligentsia.  The two coffees from Madcap Coffee Company were the Ethiopian Ardi and a Colombian San Sebastian.  A perennial favorite of the Coffee Club, the Ardi is a crisp coffee with distinct notes of berries and stone fruit.  The syrupy sweetness and floral undertones of the Ardi pave the way for an ultimate coffee experience.

Photo by Sally Kim

On tap this week were two fantastic coffees from Chicago-based Intelligentsia. The Ljulu Lipati from Zambia was the fan favorite of the week with its insatiable tartness, and bright, vibrant flavors.  With hints of sour cherries, honey, green apple and grapefruit bitters, the Ljulu Lipati’s true flavors shined when made with the Clever coffee dripper.

Photo by Sally Kim

Coffee Club is excited about our new space this summer and beyond.  One Wheelock is the ideal space for Coffee Club.  The long bar, ample counter space, couches and speaker system facilitate great events.  Next week’s meeting, on July 17, will feature New Orleans iced chicory coffee, Blue Bottle espresso and Ethiopian coffee from the venerable George Howell.

Photo by Sally Kim

Coffee Club meets on Thursdays from 4-6 pm in One Wheelock.  Come learn about coffee and enjoy good conversation.

Photo by Sally Kim