Chipotle's founder Steve Ells just released some amazing news recently, announcing that Chipotle will be adding desserts to their menus. 

Unfortunately, Ells has not released any information about the types of desserts that Chipotle will offer or when they will be released, but they could range from anything from cakes to cookies to maybe even some sort of ice cream

All I know is that I'm freaking out, and if this doesn't make your day, then I'm not quite sure what will.

On the other hand, Ells did tell Eater that Chipotle is "actively exploring ways to offer new additions to the menu, which are a good way to entice infrequent or lapsed customers to return." Along with desserts, Ells added that Chipotle will soon release a more health-friendly tortilla option, one without preservatives or additives.

Additionally, Ells mentioned the idea of serving breakfast, but said that the chain would like to continue to perfect the rest of its menu before heading down that path. So maybe a breakfast menu won't happen in the near future, but hey, it's at least something to look forward to.

GIf courtesy of giphy

For now, I guess, just keep eating and loving your chipotle order, and try your best to patiently wait for these amazing new menu additions.

#SpoonTip: Check out how you can get a $3 burrito on Halloween to ease the pain of waiting for Chipotle's new items.