drunk

Screenshot Courtesy of “The Drunk Kitchen”

I first learned of Hannah Hart’s YouTube comedy show while watching “The Chew.” Hannah was guest starring on the show and received a giant glass of wine while she discussed her book and show called “My Drunk Kitchen.” Her witty humor (and mutual love for wine) basically forced me into spending the next hour scrolling from video to video on her YouTube channel.

drunk

Screenshot Courtesy of “My Drunk Kitchen” on YouTube

I assumed that the show was going to be about her recording her experiences satisfying the dreaded “drunchies” after a night out. Yet, it was surprisingly entertaining to find that all the cooking was filmed while consuming immense amounts of wine, vodka or whatever alcohol Hannah seemed to be sipping on throughout the show’s entirety. Yes, she literally does not host her show sober, ever.

After watching her and her friends painfully burn toast, break wine glasses and come up with ridiculously impressive puns under the influence, I realized that the show doesn’t actually give the viewers any real recipes to try. Nevertheless, it gave me numerous cooking tips that I really took to heart.

drunk

The first is to avoid cooking while drunk. Don’t even turn on the stove. No, don’t even go near the stove.

And one of the most important tips I learned, especially for broke college students (as many of us just so happen to be), is to get creative. Some of the best creations are made from combining whatever you can find laying around in the fridge or the cupboard. As long as it’s edible, it’s probably worth a shot.

drunk

Now, I know I’m not the most convincing person in the world, so you may never embark on the journey of entering the drunk kitchen. If you decide against hanging out with Hannah and the crew, which I highly recommend you shouldn’t because it’s awesome, I’ll fill you in on the secret to making the perfect meal: a cup of imagination, a dash of humor, a handful of friends and a splash of vodka tonic.