We love cooking. Whether it’s by ourselves, with our friends and partners, for Spoon articles, in dorms, at home — we love it all. But what we would really love is to cook with these 7 fictional characters and learn some tips and tricks to do things their way.

1. Mrs. Weasley (Harry Potter)

fictional characters

Image courtesy of Warner Bros

Cooking with magic? Count us in. We want to cook with the culinary pro of the Harry Potter series. Mrs. Weasley is always in the kitchen, whether she’s whipping up delicious roast beef sandwiches or baking a beautiful wedding cake. We’ll even help her wash the dishes (the muggle way) if she’ll let us in on her trade secrets.

2. Brock (Pokémon)

fictional characters

Pokémon and people alike fall in love with Brock’s food after a single bite. If Pikachu and Ash devour Brock’s food, it has to be good. Plus, he manages all this while backpacking. Who doesn’t want to travel through the Pokémon world while eating Brock’s cooking?

3. Remy (Ratatouille)

fictional characters

Have you ever wondered what it might feel like if a rat was on your head and pulled your hair to help you cook? We have. In fact, we’ve dreamed of it. But what do we really want? We want to make Remy’s famous ratatouille with him. The movie’s not called Ratatouille for no reason, right?

4. Ma Ingalls (Little House on the Prairie)

fictional characters

Image courtesy of Jack Mc’s Blog

Who better to teach us how to cook on a budget than Ma Ingall? She always manages to make a little go a long way, whether the family is stuck in the middle of a harsh winter or traveling across a prairie. We’d love to get tips on the best way to utilize our food and limit food waste while whipping up a delicious meal.

5. Tiana (The Princess & the Frog)

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

This Disney princess is in a culinary league of her own. She makes 500 beignets in a day, chops vegetables faster than most, and knows how make any dish into a masterpiece. We’d love to learn all those skills (especially her knife skills) and taste her beignets and other New Orleans delights.

6. Peeta Mellark (Hunger Games)

fictional characters

Image courtesty of Lions Gate Entertainment

Even though we love ourselves some food porn, our baking doesn’t always look too hot. Peeta’s got it down, though; he even learned his life-saving camouflage skills through cake decorating. You better bet we’d kill to bake and decorate with him.

7. House elves (Harry Potter)

fictional characters

Image courtesy of Pottermore

We drool every time we see the feast in the Great Hall. Can you believe that these magical creatures prepare all the food at Hogwarts? That’s hundreds of plates of food every day! If we can we learn how to even do a fraction of that, preparing for a party would be a breeze.

We’re not sure how to make these cooking dates happen, so we’re off to watch these movies and shows again (while eating of course).