Have a sugar craving? No problem, Delta Desserts has you covered. On Wednesday, November 19th at the Delta Delta Delta sorority house here at the University of Oregon, hundreds of guests with sweet cravings arrived, hungry and excited. At this event, Greeks and non-Greeks pay six dollars to have an all-you-can-eat dessert buffet. Yeah, you read that right: All. You. Can. Eat. With many dessert options to choose from, they had just about every kind of dessert known to man.

From cupcakes, to cookies, to cake, Delta Desserts provided it all.

Green Cupcakes

Photo by Briana Jones

Dr. Seuss Cake

Photo by Tiare Brown

For those of you who are gluten-free and think that this dessert party excludes you, think again. There were plenty of gluten-free options that were just as delicious.

Gluten Free Treats

Photo by Tiare Brown

It wouldn’t be a dessert party if there wasn’t a cotton candy machine, which was a popular choice for many.

Cotton Candy

Photo by Tiare Brown

Since the night was Dr. Seuss themed to match Tri Delta’s philanthropy, there was a table labeled “Hop on Popcorn” that served popcorn, gluten free popcorn, kettle corn, and pop rocks.

Popcorn

Photo by Tiare Brown

One of the yummiest foods of the night according to various sources were the chocolate cake pops. As Briana Jones of Pi Beta Phi said, “They are just so moist!” I know, I’m getting hungry just even thinking about them.

Biting a Cake Pop

Photo by Tiare Brown

This all sounds too good to be true right? We pay six dollars to eat all the desserts we want. Sounds fantastic. Well, as I and many others found out, Delta Desserts is so much more than that. Not only do we get stuffed to the brim with desserts, but the money raised at this event is donated to Tri Delta’s philanthropy, which supports the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Motivational posters and decorations lined the walls, which showed just how much this fundraiser actually does for the children at St. Jude.

ABCs

Photo by Tiare Brown

With the amount of people who attended, you could say the event was a success. What a better way to support the research of children’s cancer than eating our way into a food coma. I am sure everyone who attended is still recovering, even days later. Overall, I think it is safe to say that people enjoyed themselves. I mean, who wouldn’t in a room full of desserts.

Cookie Bite

Photo by Tiare Brown