Blue Apron is one of a few meal delivery services that gives busy millennials and families the option of eating healthy foods quickly, without figuring out what to eat for dinner. I've been getting deliveries for a couple months now. Even those who aren't the best at cooking can follow along and create some of the best dishes ever. Your friends are definitely going to think you're taking cooking classes.

1. It’s Inexpensive

I’m frugal with my funds so the thought of spending $60 every week for food was, at first, a big NO for me. I used to think Blue Apron was expensive and not even worth trying. But after some convincing from my boyfriend, it was easy to see that $60 a week for three meals is a great deal. Depending on what plan you have (a two-person or family plan), all the ingredients you’ll need for the entire week are delivered to your door in a refrigerated box.

When you do the math, Blue Apron isn’t expensive at all. What’s great about having the two-person plan is that once the meals are broken down, it comes out to equal about $10 per person each meal. My boyfriend and I already spend $10 each easily at other food places so why not save that money and put it towards something else? Or better yet, put it towards healthy, easy-to-make, killer food?

2. Easy-to-Follow Recipes

I’m not the best cook in the world, but I can follow a recipe. Blue Apron recipes describe step-by-step details for creating the meal. To me, the best part are the pictures. Because I’m a visual learner, I like to know what my meal is supposed to look like. With Blue Apron, you spend no more than 30-45 minutes in the kitchen from beginning to end. So there’s no slaving away making an elaborate, time-consuming dish.

3. Choose Your Own Options

When you first sign up for Blue Apron, one of the steps is choosing what foods you want to eat. You have a choice of meats, poultry, and fish. And if you’re vegan or vegetarian, there are options for y’all too. I get the poultry, fish, vegan, and vegetarian options for the variety and I love it! Each week is a great variety of both meat and veggie options. 

4. Something New Every Week

One of the great things about choosing my options is that I’m surprised every week with my delivery. There are various cuisines available on the website including African, Cajun/Creole, and Spanish. A favorite meal of mine was Greek cuisine: eggplant pitas and farro salad. I’ve never had anything like this before and it was delicious. I had some farro salad leftovers afterwards, so I put it in an omelet the next day for breakfast. The salad gave the omelet another layer of texture with the farro, tomatoes, and cucumbers.

When the week’s meals are shipped, Blue Apron sends an email showing what you’ll get. I’m always excited to see which foods I’ve never had are on their way to my house and what cuisines are included. I like that Blue Apron sends a variety and everything is something I’ve never eaten before. The combos they come up with are awesome.

5. Convenient

Blue Apron sends a huge package weekly with every ingredient you need for each recipe. Honestly, since we started Blue Apron, my grocery bill has decreased by 50 percent. The only ingredients I’ve had to buy are more olive oil, salt, and pepper. Another convenience of Blue Apron is its cancellation policy. You have the option of canceling weeks, free of charge, and restarting whenever you'd like. I cancelled delivery during the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas because I knew I'd have leftovers, obviously. You can cancel as many weeks as you want and your deliveries begin again like normal thereafter.

Blue Apron is really a lifesaver for me. Sometimes I pretend like I’m a contestant on Chopped when I’m making a dish. It has opened me up to different cuisines and foods I don’t eat on a regular basis. The healthy foods are fresh and bursting with flavor. I rave about Blue Apron any chance I get!