It’s that time of year again. You’re starting to give up your New Year’s resolution, you’re bitter about having dieted for a month, and the pink and red hearts on display are starting to make you emotional. This Valentine’s Day, forget couples therapy; indulge in some good old-fashioned ice cream therapy. Your spring break prep work can take a break for one night.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:

This classic that you loved as a kid comes with another perk. If you’re lucky enough to catch salmonella, you might be carted away to the ER. Anyone who has watched Grey’s Anatomy even once knows how many hot doctors and nurses work in the ER. Valentine’s Day date anyone?

Red Velvet Cake:

I didn’t think it was possible either but the dessert gods have spoken. You shouldn’t have to choose between cake and ice cream on Valentine’s Day (or any day for that matter) and now you don’t have to.

Karamel Sutra:

You could be creative with your sex life… or you could just eat an entire pint of this Ben and Jerry’s caramel chocolatey goodness and be equally satisfied.

Chocolate Therapy:

Dude, it’s chocolate. Need I say more? This wonderful flavor from Ben and Jerry’s is chocolate with chocolate covered in chocolate, so it’s sure to be a comfort even in the most awkward and horrifying Valentine’s Day situations.

Chocolate Covered Cherries:

This seasonal flavor from Blue Bell is a smooth cherry ice cream with a chocolate swirl, completed with chocolate covered cherry candies in the shape of hearts to remind us that true love really can be found at the bottom of a tub of ice cream.

Crème Brûlée:

You don’t even have to get dressed up or wear uncomfortable heels to have fancy caramelized dessert. Haagen Dazs has delivered it to you in a pint! Since when have you been able to eat crème brulee in pajamas? Since now.

Bailey’s Irish Cream:

Haagen Dazs has a limited edition flavor on the market that mixes the two best substances with which to drown your emotions: ice cream and alcohol. If you can’t find this flavor in particular, you could always just drizzle (or douse) some Bailey’s over vanilla ice cream. And if you don’t have Bailey’s? Vodka. Just kidding. Who said that?

Untitled

Photo by Christin Urso