When life gives you lemons, hold onto them. They are actually very beneficial to your health. I was never really a fan of adding lemons to my ice water growing up, but after doing my research about the benefits, I can’t seem to get enough. HINT: start off your morning with a warm cup of water with a fresh lemon slice. This will aid in weight loss much faster than ice water because it is less of a shock on your body in the morning.
12 Reasons To Drink Lemon Water:
- Lemon is full of vitamin C, which protects the body against immune system deficiencies and common colds.
- It is an excellent source of potassium and improves mineral absorption.
- Lemon is beneficial for hair as the vitamin C prevents split ends, dry hair and dandruff.
- Cleanse your system with the drink by removing unwanted toxins built up in your body.
- It freshens your breath by preventing the growth of bacteria in your mouth.
- Aid weight loss by letting the lemon water get rid of toxins.
- It improves your skin, preventing wrinkles and acne.
- Lemon reduces inflammation, especially with toothaches.
- The revitalizing and mood enhancing smell gives you an energy boost.
- Using warm water flushes out even more toxins.
- It balances and maintains the pH levels in the body.
- Vitamin C in lemon is a natural stress reducer, minimizing anxiety and depression.