Ben and Jerry’s has been an excellent friend over the years. Movie night? Grab a pint. Stressed with school? Let the carton catch your tears. Bad break up? Yep, they’re there for you then, too.

That’s why I was shocked to see that the company has stopped making several flavors that could have easily been top picks.

If you ever find yourself casually strolling through Waterbury, Vermont, be sure to visit the Ben and Jerry’s graveyard. Yes, it’s real. There is an actual plot of land behind the factory that pays tribute to a number of the company’s discontinued flavors. Ben and Jerry’s offers tours of the factory and the graveyard. Visitors are led through a lavender archway into a land surrounded by a white picket fence where the tombstones of 27 fallen flavors are on display.

Every year, Ben and Jerry’s discontinues about ten flavors that generated the least amount of income, although around 200 flavors have been discontinued throughout the company’s history.

The Ben and Jerry’s graveyard may not be the scariest graveyard you’ll ever enter, but it’s sure to be one of the saddest. Seeing all the fallen flavors you’ll never try will be sure to pull on a few heartstrings.

Let’s mourn over these lost flavors with a spoonful of “Cherry Garcia,” shall we?

The mouthwatering flavors Ben and Jerry’s ditched:

ice cream

Photo Courtesy of Ben and Jerry’s website

Wavy Gravy

A caramel and cashew Brazil nut ice cream with a chocolate hazelnut fudge swirl and roasted almonds

ice cream

Cow Power

Sweet cream ice cream with chocolate cookie pieces, dark chocolatey cows and a chocolate fudge swirl

ice cream

Chocolate Comfort

Chocolate truffle, low-fat ice cream swirled with white chocolate, low-fat ice cream

ice cream

Miz Jelena’s Sweet Potato Pie

Ginger ice cream with a fudge swirl

ice cream

Cool Britannia

Vanilla ice cream with strawberries and fudge-covered shortbread

(Moment of silence for the fallen flavors)

For more frozen treats check out: