As we all know, parties are the peanut butter to a university’s jelly. We all have to host a party now and then, and it is crucial that it is awesome. There are a ton of ways to make a party go right and many more to make one go wrong.

One of the ways to ruin a party is to mess up the snacks. What’s the best way to make your snacks better? Add alcohol. That is why I’m here to mix up your favorite party snack: alcoholic gummy bears. You do not want everyone at your party looking at you if you mess it up…

gummy bear

Photo courtesy of funnyjunk.com

No worries, though. With these tantalizing combinations, you are sure to reach gummy bear stardom.

Why are gummy bears such a success? Because they are a childhood staple. They’re delicious, but taste even better after absorbing alcohol for a few days. Every party definitely needs a bowl or two of these to ensure the perfect event.

Before diving in, I want to point out that any gummy product (gummy bears, gummy worms, Swedish fish, etc.) works great.

gummy bear

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Now, let’s prep. The size of the container you will use will depend on how many bears you want to alcoholize (yes, that is a real word). Make sure it is big enough to give your bears some breathing room. They will expand, so use a large enough container to let them do so.

When you are mixing the bears with the alcohol, don’t be shy. The gummy bears are going to soak up all that alcoholic taste and neutralize the flavors over the next few days. Be sure to add enough alcohol to cover the bears.

Hawaiian Bears

gummy bear

Photo courtesy of trndmonitor.com

This combination uses Svedka Mango and Pineapple Vodka. This is one of my favorite flavors of Svedka because it tastes like juice with a kick of alcohol. That sensation is what you will feel if you decide to make these. They are very fruity with a strong mango taste. This combination worked fast and the bears got slimy, so just watch out for that. One way to avoid that is to either let them soak for a shorter period of time or in a smaller pool of alcohol.

gummy bear

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Rasp-Bearies

gummy bear

Photo courtesy of crownwineandspirits.com

Use Burnett’s Raspberry Vodka for this one. You can really taste the alcohol in these gummies, but the flavor is good. If you are trying to completely avoid that strong alcohol taste, then this combination may not be for you. If you are really into the idea of this combination, then just give them longer to soak. They will get more alcoholic, but the taste of alcohol should decrease.

gummy bear

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Rummy Bears

gummy bear

Photo courtesy of classyboozer.com

This one is my favorite. Mix Original Malibu Rum with the bears. The Malibu Rum combined with the gummy bears completely eliminates the taste of alcohol. I could eat these for hours (so be careful). The coconut flavor is prominent, so the flavors are not all super sweet fruity flavors, which I really enjoyed about them. Bacardi Rum would also work really well if you don’t like coconut.

gummy bear

Gif courtesy of blogspot.com

Negroni Bears

gummy bear

Photo courtesy of campari.com

Separate the orange gummy bears from the rest of the others. Mix with Campari and Tanqueray Gin. If you are like me and really hate gin, use whiskey instead — you’ll be creating a variation of the Negroni Bears called the Bearvardiers. Like I said, I am not a fan of gin, so this one did not tickle my fancy. Not sure what a Negroni is? Read about it here.

gummy bear

Hot Teddy’s

gummy bear

Photo courtesy of drinkoftheweek.com

To conclude this list of excellent bears, I am introducing something a little more fancy. The Hot Toddy cocktail is like an alcoholic tea, so you might pick up a few of those tastes when you try these bears. For this mixture, find some lemon gummy bears and squeeze some lemon juice over them to increase the flavor (only a little bit will do the trick).

Next, pour The Black Grouse scotch whiskey over the lemony bears until they are covered. Add some honey on top and stir it in and you are done. The amount of honey will depend on the size of the batch, so use your judgment. This combination is definitely one to use if you want to try something new and, believe me, it is worth the try.

The key to success is time. It takes a few days for the gummy bears to completely soak up the alcohol, so make sure to plan in advance if you want them for the weekend. Though, some people say it only takes a few hours. That is up to you to decide.

Also, check on the gummy bears a couple of times a day to ensure the perfect bear. You will notice that the alcohol will start to disappear, but that is a good thing. It means the gummy bears are absorbing the alcohol as planned.

And avoid the not-so-pleasant slimy bears. If the gummy bears are submerged in the alcohol for too long, they begin to get slimy. I kept my gummy bears soaking for about 3 nights and they were perfect.

And lastly, be patient. You want to give the gummy bears time to absorb the alcohol.

Photo courtesy of reddit.com

I did not completely cover them in alcohol. I left the top layer sticking out just a tiny bit. Everyone is different, though, so play around and see what works for you.

#SpoonTip: The longer you let the gummies absorb the alcohol, not only will they become more alcoholic, but they will taste less and less like alcohol.

Luckily, the days of boring vodka gummy bears are gone. Do not be fooled by these delicious gummy snacks, although they are yummy, they can absolutely get you drunk. With these simple combinations, you are sure to be the best party host on campus.

So get the gummies, pour the alcohol, mix, wait, enjoy.