Even though it's 100 degrees in Texas and the leaves are still green, Starbucks decided that it was fall in early September when they released their pumpkin spice latte. Companies across the country quickly jumped on the pumpkin spice band wagon and released fall-flavored everything.

But when I think of fall, I don't think of pumpkin patches, flannel, and that repulsive pumpkin spice latte. I think of the myriad of seasonal microbrews that hit the shelves. To me, nothing says harvest season like tipping back a cold one and watching the newest season of American Horror Story. I know, so basic, but this year, Blue Moon released three new seasonal brews, and I had the pleasure of getting drunk trying all of them.

3. Chai Spiced Ale

Nothing says autumn like a warm cup of chai tea while snuggling up and binge watching Halloweentown. However, this beer is better than chai tea, because not only does it capture that spicy flavor, but it gets you drunk.

2. Cinnamon Horchata

beer, pumpkin
Kailey Goerlitz

This beer brings me right back to my home in Southern California, as I would sip on horchata at my town's annual tamale festival. Sweeter in comparison to the chai spiced ale, this cerveza makes you want to get your fiesta on even though it isn't Cinco de Mayo.

1. Harvest Pumpkin Ale

Kailey Goerlitz

Although I just bashed the pumpkin spice latte, coming in first place is Blue Moon's Harvest Pumpkin Ale. Convince your boyfriend he isn't basic as he's drinking his Keystone by offering him this seasonal craft brew. This beer is the Old Spice Guy in beverage form with flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. You'll be falling in love with him and these fall flavors.

If you're feeling broke and don't want to fork out a few more dollars for some quality brews, consider it an investment because you'll get drink, drank, drunk a lot quicker.  Or you could just stick to Natty Light and your liver will thank you later.