Le Gourmet: everyone’s favorite place to drop $10 on a sandwich. Despite being overpriced and overcrowded, lunch here is absolutely worth it – you get to make healthy choices and feel ~gourmet~ all at the same time.

Le Gourmet made some changes to its menu this year, so, joining the crowd of girls in post-workout Lulu Lemon and freshmen who already think they’re too good for Bruff, I went over to LG to see what was new.

Here is this year’s ranking of the new and (not always) improved Le Gourmet sandwiches:

7. Hummus Avocado Veggie Wrap

Le Gourmet

Photo by Josephine Baldwin-Beneich

Roasted veggies, brie, hummus, lettuce, and avocado.

Ever hear the expression, “too much of a good thing”? Brie, hummus, and avocado are all amazing on their own, but together? Too much.

Oh, and don’t be fooled: those “roasted veggies” are just uncomfortably large pieces of zucchini.

6. Chicken Caesar Wrap

Le Gourmet

Photo by Josephine Baldwin-Beneich

Chicken, romaine, purple cabbage, croutons, parmesan, and Caesar dressing.

B-O-R-I-N-G. The only reason it even made the list is because there are croutons in it, and I felt that deserved some recognition. You might as well just get the salad.

5. Turkey Cranberry On Whole Grain

Le Gourmet

Photo by Josephine Baldwin-Beneich

Turkey, tomato, baby spinach, dried cranberry, and bistro dressing.

This is a weird one, guys. Those seemingly harmless tomatoes are actually sun-dried and seasoned, so they clash with the fruity-ness of the cranberries.

What you get is some sweet/savory combo you weren’t expecting but don’t totally hate. Also, WTF is “bistro dressing”?

4. Chicken, Fig, & Brie

Le Gourmet

Photo by Avery Werther

Another sweet and savory concoction I don’t know how to feel about.

Maybe I’m a purist, but I just don’t see how fruit belongs anywhere near a chicken sandwich. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised.

The sweet layers of fruit compliment the soft, mild flavor of the brie, and the pear gives it a refreshing crunch. The chicken pairs nicely with the fruit, serving as a welcomed and hearty center.

I might be a believer.

3. Cali Chicken Club

Le Gourmet

Photo by Avery Werther

Chicken, applewood bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayo.

You can’t really go wrong with this combo. My only issue with the sandwich is the fact that it’s a double-decker. The extra slice of bread takes away from the flavor of the other goods.

2. T.B.A.

Le Gourmet

Photo by Emma Boelter

Tomato, bacon, avocado, and cheddar cheese.

Do I even need to explain this one? It’s basically the grilled cheese of your dreams.

1. Chicken Riddle

Le Gourmet

Photo by Emma Boelter

Chicken, bacon, fresh mozzarella, tomato, avocado, lettuce, & Sriracha mayo.

This is, without a doubt, the most perfect sandwich there ever was.

The chicken/bacon combo is a winner, with Sriracha mayo as a spicy twist, avocado for a rich and creamy center, and mozzarella as a subtle but refreshing undertone, all rolled up in a toasty spinach wrap.

Dreams do come true.