I'd like to think of myself as an iced coffee expert. Okay, maybe that's pushing it. But let's be honest, what college student doesn't love a good iced coffee in the morning or afternoon before class? On a campus as big as Penn State, you would think there would be more to offer than just Starbucks. But what occupies every corner and coffee shop on campus? That's right - Starbucks Coffee.

But you're looking for something more unique, you want to be different and I don't blame you. After countless days (okay, maybe just 3) of searching, I found places that will meet you expectations. If you're looking to try something different, check out my own, definitive ranking of State College iced coffee. 

8. Irving's 

A photo posted by Irving's (@irvingspsu) on

While Irving's is known for the breakfast sandwiches, they also offer iced coffee as well. Whether you need a little pick me up or a large cup to get you through the entire day, they'll have it. Even add flavor shot for only $.50 more!  

7. Sowers Harvest Cafe

Conveniently located and reasonably priced, Sowers has all your coffee needs. Grab you're iced coffee and stay a while, maybe even bring some homework to do. It's a nice get away if you're looking for a change of scenery. 

6. The Cheese Shoppe

ice, coffee, cream, milk
Sina D'Amico

Walking down Calder Way can lead you to discover so many different things. But make sure you to keep an eye out for this place. You won't be able to miss the coffee in this cup because it's definitely noticeable. And an added bonus, it only cost $2. Delicious and affordable! 

5. Saint's Cafe

coffee, milk, chocolate, espresso, tea, mocha
Sina D'Amico

Located down the street from Panera Bread, Saint's Cafe is the place to go if you're looking for a cozy place to enjoy your drink. While seating is sometimes hard to find due to the insane amount of people, don't let that stop you from grabbing a coffee to go. 

4. Starbucks

Let's be honest, no one can go wrong getting an iced coffee from Starbucks. It's always tasty (and even satisfies your seasonal cravings). Given that it's the most convenient place to get a coffee on campus there's no surprise the line is always a mile long. And if you're swimming in meal points at the end of the semester, treat your friends to Starbucks (they'll love you for it). 

3. Webster's Bookstore and Cafe 

milk, coffee, cream, ice, tea
Sina D'Amico

If you like books then you'll love this little cafe. Shelves of books occupy every inch of this place except for the seating area (where you can conveniently do homework). It's quiet and cozy, making it the perfect place to get some serious studying done. 

2. Barranquero Cafe 

chocolate, milk, coffee, smoothie, peanut butter
Sina D'Amico

This quiet and cultural coffee shop is 100% a place to go. The people are super friendly and the cafe is uniquely decorated. Grab your coffee to go or grab a seat and stay a while. You'll even be motivated to get some homework done while you're at it. 

#SpoonTip: Get the blueberry muffin while you're here, trust me (and my friends) you won't be disappointed. 

1. Dunkin' Donuts 

milk, yogurt, cream, milkshake, ice, sweet, dairy, cocktail
Sina D'Amico

Nittany Lions run on Dunkin', right? Dunkin Donuts offers everything you could ever want while being reasonably priced (perfect for a college student's budget). Added bonus -- when Penn State Football wins a home game, you get a free medium hot or iced coffee the following Monday! What more could Dunkin' possibly offer to get our love? 

#SpoonTip: Have the app open to the coupon when ordering your free coffee. This will save you and the workers from the extra stress.  

Whether you're looking for trying a different iced coffee every day or you're a die-hard fan of your favorite cafe, you definitely want to give these places a shot. State College has a lot (of iced coffee) to offer and you sure wouldn't want to miss out on any of it.