Last week’s Spoon meeting had full attendance and it’s definitely no surprise. Why? Because we all were on a very important mission: taste test the 7 least common flavors of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream that can be found in pints at our local grocery store, Schnuck’s. The ranking below is the collective result of all of our preferences.

We only think it’s fair that you know about these unique flavor concoctions before your next ice cream craving hits,  when only a full pint will do. Not to mention, Ben and Jerry’s free cone day is coming up on April 14th (read: omg free ice cream).

Check out our ranking so you’re prepared to make the best ice cream decision, after finally braving the line this Tuesday.

1. The Tonight Dough

Ben and Jerry's

Photo courtesy of The Today Show

With over half the chapter voting this one as the #1 best flavor, this newest addition to the Ben and Jerry’s repertoire took the cake – or should I say cookie? This indulgent ice cream concoction has not one but two types of cookie dough packed inside creamy chocolate and caramel ice cream: chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter cookie dough. And don’t forget the chocolate cookie swirls throughout, adding a delicious extra-sweet crunch.

Anagretal Lozano, a member of the Wash U Spoon marketing team said, “You take a spoonful of the Tonight Dough and at first it just seems like great, rich ice cream, but then you unexpectedly bite into an actual peanut butter cookie dough chunk and your heart melts / you experience an actual foodgasm.”

2. Half Baked

Ben and Jerry's

Photo by Mairin Daubert

Somewhat of a classic Ben and Jerry’s flavor for some, this is definitely not a combo you can find in any other brand of ice cream. For those unfamiliar with this heavenly treat, Half Baked is chocolate and vanilla ice cream with chocolate chip cookie dough and fudge brownies – perfect for both the indecisive and the all-around dessert lover.

Sage Chodosh, a member of the Wash U Spoon marketing team said, “Half baked is really a classic comfort – the perfect combo of cookie and brownie that you’ll always come back to.”

3. Cinnamon Buns

Ben and Jerry's

Photo courtesy of theicecreaminformant.com

For those who are less inclined to choose chocolate, this cinnamony combo was a surprisingly close third. Sinfully sweet caramel ice cream packed with cinnamon bun dough and a cinnamon streusel swirl makes for a delicious take on everyone’s favorite breakfast treat.

Lillie Ross, incoming Wash U Spoon Business Director said, “The cinnamon bun was my favorite because it wasn’t too overpowering; it had one prominent flavor with a nice spice to it.”

4. Spectacular Speculoos

Ben and Jerry's

Photo by Becky Hughes

For those unfamiliar with Speculoos, it’s a creamy spread made from caramelized gingerbread cookies. This Ben and Jerry’s flavor is a cookie core, which means the center of the pint consists of a “cookified core of speculoos cookie butter” – but you’ll have to dig through layers of vanilla and dark caramel ice cream packed with speculoos cookies to get there.

Rose Suna, member of the Wash U Spoon marketing team said, “Spectacular was my favorite because I personally love cookie dough ice cream and this was a nice twist on the original, with loads of cookies and a cookie core.”

5. Chocolate Therapy

Ben and Jerry's

Photo courtesy of gianteagle.com

Unsurprisingly, this one is ideal for the ultimate chocolate lover – chocolate ice cream with swirls of chocolate pudding ice cream (who knew that was a thing?) and packed with chocolate cookies. It’s definitely indulgent and not for the faint of heart.

Julie Rub, Wash U Spoon writer said, “I’m a huge chocolate lover, and when I find rich, chocolate goodness (especially with chocolate cookies and pudding swirled in – yum), I’m easily drawn back to the classics.”

6. Triple Caramel Chunk

rsz_1680771-poster-1280-ben-and-jerrys

Pure sweetness with a hint of salt and a true caramel flavor, this one consists of caramel ice cream with caramel swirls and fudge-covered caramel chunks. The small amount of chocolate balances the strong caramel taste, and the chunks and swirl add a nice texture.

This one was my personal favorite.  I’m a sucker for the salty-sweet combo and the chewy caramel bites.

7. Boom Chocolatta

Ben and Jerry's

Photo by Becky Hughes

This was a somewhat surprising last choice for most of the chapter, considering that a cookie core seems like it should be an automatic hit. An intense concoction of mocha and caramel ice creams with chocolate cookies, fudge flakes and a chocolate cookie core make this one quite the mouthful.

I think it lost the true chocolate lovers to the more traditionally indulgent Chocolate Therapy and maybe tried to accomplish too much with the mocha/caramel/chocolate combo.

Make sure to stop by the Ben and Jerry’s on the Delmar Loop for free cone day on April 14th from 12pm – 8pm to get one free scoop (in either a cup or a cone, while supplies last) of any flavor!

Do you scream for Ben and Jerry’s ice cream? Check these out: