As a Masshole living out of state, it’s not easy being away from our favorite spots that have our favorite snacks. Whether it’s in the city (not New York City, as many of our college friends think), on the Cape, or in our own hometown, we know exactly where to find a good cannoli or cup of chowder. But when we’re not in Boston, it’s just not the same. Much of the excitement towards heading home is for the wicked good food, anyways.

Here are some of the things we hate to live without:

Cannoli’s from Mike’s Pastry

Boston

Photo courtesy of @princessfoodie on Instagram

Sometimes we just need a walk through the north end for a one-of-a-kind cannoli from Mike’s. The line is always worth it.

#SpoonTip: if you’re one of the uninitiated, go for the Florentine cannoli – the crunchy caramel-y shell is the perfect foil to the creamy filling.

Richie’s Slush

Boston

Photo courtesy of @scoopsnmorepeabody on Instagram

A day at the beach is not complete without a cup of Richie’s slush. We all miss that exciting moment of walking into an ice cream shop and seeing that they sell Richie’s. We can all relate to the struggle of trying to find Richie’s slush outside of Mass…

Regina Pizzeria

Boston

Photo courtesy of @reginapizzeria on Instagram

Another reason we’re deprived of a day in the North End. The wait sucks, but the pizza definitely doesn’t. Even though it burns the roofs of our mouths, it hits the spot every time.

Fenway Franks

Boston

Photo courtesy of @takingabiteoutofboston on Instagram

These cold winter months have us missing summer nights at Sox games with a Fenway Frank in our hands. They seriously taste so good! so good! 

Lobster Roll

Boston

Photo courtesy of @biting_the_bean on Instagram

Nothing compares to a fresh lobster roll on the Cape, in Maine, or in the city at James Hook & Co. It wouldn’t be a surprise if James Hook & Co. is rated 2016 Best Lobster Roll, as it was in 2015.

Dunks

Boston

Photo courtesy of @dunkindonuts on Instagram

It’s definitely not an easy adjustment living without a Dunks on every corner. Having to drive more than a mile to find one is a struggle that no one from Boston enjoys. And don’t even TRY and tell me Starbucks is better.

Chipyard Cookies

Boston

Photo courtesy of @faneuilhall on Instagram

Who wouldn’t miss being able to eat five cookies without feeling guilty? Even the crowds of tourists at Faneuil Hall can’t diminish the joy that is Chipyard.

Clam Chowder

Boston

Photo courtesy of @diningplaybook on Instagram

Could always go for a cup (…or bowl) of chowdah. The best can be found downtown at the oldest restaurant in America, the Union Oyster House. Make your chowder even better by putting pieces of your cornbread in it. Sounds weird, but tastes amazing.

Frappes

Boston

Photo courtesy of @ulteriorepicture on Instagram

The confusion when every ice cream shop has “shakes” but not frappes like at home in Boston. We don’t even know why but it’s so much better than a simple milkshake. They’re the best when made with homemade ice cream at our local ice cream shops, Richardson’s in Middleton being my personal favorite.