Although Great Britain and the United States arguably both have their gastronomical strengths and weaknesses, there is one food category where Britain dominates: Candy.
Here are a few reasons reasons why you should drop your Hershey’s bar and make a trip across the pond for some delectable British sweets.
1. You can replace the fruit in your diet with chocolate.
Who needs real fruit when you have a Terry’s Chocolate orange instead?
2. You can exchange your frittata or omlette for a Cadbury’s Creme Egg… or two.
With a creamy yolk center, these eggs are basically the real deal.
3. You get to eat the chocolate version of a cloud.
Aero bars, Twirls, and Flakes are the light, airy deliciousness your tastebuds have been asking for.
4. You can play “I Spy” with your treats.
With a coke bottle, a fried egg, a ring, and a bear all in one place, Haribo Starmix is the perfect eclectic feast for your eyes and your belly.
5. You get to eat the ultimate chocolate covered marshmallow heaven.
This British sweet treat is present at every tea time and easily puts American MoonPies to shame.
6. You can get chocolate inside your chocolate.
In a Cadbury Easter Egg, you get to eat a delicious hollow milk chocolate egg only to find mini eggs or chocolate bars on the inside.
7. You get to wake up on Christmas Day and eat 7 bars of chocolate before breakfast.
Thanks to the Cadbury’s selection box sitting under the Tree, you get to start Christmas off right by eating a whole ton of chocolate before your breakfast.
8. You can give your toddler chocolate initiation.
Before toddlers can even say the word “chocolate,” they get their first tastes with chocolate buttons (preferably the white chocolate to avoid a mess, of course).
9. You can learn your farm animals.
The gummy pigs, sheep, and cows inside Percy Pigs and Friends is the perfectly delicious way to learn your farm animals.