The man, the myth, the legend: Guy Fieri. He can always be found wearing flip flops and some kind of crazy shirt with that unmistakable head of bleached, spiked hair. Now I know you’re probably thinking, “why would I ever take advice from this dude?”
Trust us. Not only does Guy travel to different joints all over town, but he also talks some serious truth.
1. “If you’re cooking and not making mistakes, you’re not playing outside your safety zone. I don’t expect it all to be good. I have fat dogs because I scrap that stuff out the back door.”
It’s okay to make mistakes. Everyone does, even Guy.
2. “Cooking is like snow skiing: If you don’t fall at least 10 times, then you’re not skiing hard enough.”
Like everything in life, no one is going to be perfect immediately. And yes, that is indeed baby Guy.
3. “No matter how tough the meat may be, it’s going to be tender if you slice it thin enough.”
Switch out “meat” with “life” and you’ll realize Guy knows what he’s talking about.
4. “It’s always good to go over the recipe beforehand, so you can easily think of the next thing that needs to be done.”
Apply this advice to your everyday activities. It’ll help.
5. “If you slow it down, eat in courses, your body, mind, stomach will catch up with this full feeling and you won’t eat as much.”
Binge eating a whole pizza at 3 am maybe seem like a good idea at the time, but it’s not.
6. “I’m a “what you see is what you get” kind of guy. I don’t have any time to be showing anybody any bag of tricks.”
Guy Fieri is unlike anyone else, and he embraces it. Stay true to yourself.
7. “I was always a kid trying to make a buck. I borrowed a dollar from my dad, went to the penny candy store, bought a dollar’s worth of candy, set up my booth, and sold candy for five cents apiece. Ate half my inventory, made $2.50, gave my dad back his dollar.”
Be resourceful. Be smart.
8. “You don’t have to eat a whole cheeseburger, just take a piece of the cheeseburger.”
Baby steps, my friends.
9. “Some people are just born to cook and talk.”
Everyone has a natural talent: find yours. Guy made a career out of talking to chefs and eating food, who says you can’t shoot for the stars.