The best day of the year isn’t national strawberry day or national gumdrop day and not even national pizza day. Yes, I went there.

The best day is when the world gets to celebrate something super nerdy with something so sweet. Cue the pie or the pi. Whichever you prefer. Now try these awesome pies for whatever mood or situation you’re in.

Photo by Jessica Payne

Pecan Pie

Nothing says pi day like a little comfort food courtesy of a fellow Spooner’s grandmom. Maybe you’re looking for a little comfort when you’re away from home. Needless to say, this recipe is for you.

Photo by Sarah Joh, USC Spoon

Pumpkin Pie in a Mug

Sometimes you don’t have enough time to make an entire pie, which is why a pie in a mug is perfect. It’s portioned just for a nice evening treat, and it’s delicious to boot. Here’s the recipe.

Photo by Kelley Moore, UPenn Spoon

No-Bake Chocolate Chip Pie

So you don’t have access to an oven, and you’re devastated that you can’t get in on the pie action. Not to fear, no bake pie is here. Not to mention it’s delicious. You definitely need to try this one.

Photo by Xinwei Zeng, Georgetown Spoon

Peanut Butter Oreo Pie

Hello? Is it just me or is this pie recipe genius. While the intelligence is in question, you might as well bake the pie just to get your facts straight.

Photo by Josie Schwartz, Michigan Spoon

Dining Hall Pie

Want to make your pie and eat it too? Stuck in a dining hall for dinner? This recipe will say you from the Pi Day blues.

Photo by Sharpay Zhang, WashU Spoon

Vegan Pie Crust Pie

For our favorite animal lovers out there, this super simple recipe is for you. With a delicious vegan crust made especially with you in mind, this customizable pie will blow your mind.

Photo by Katie Schneider, UNC Spoon

Date and Goat Cheese Pie

For the untraditional approach to pie day, you must try this amazing pie. Is it just me or just this sound like a super cool new approach to pie?

Photo by Julia Murphy

Super Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie

It’s like a Reese’s but only better because it’s a whole pie. Trust me. This recipe is one for the books. It’s super easy and super edible. Amiright? Eat up dear peanut butter and chocolate lovers.

Photo by Isabella Neuberg, WashU Spoon

Apple Pie in an Apple

“It’s an apple pie….in an apple,” said everyone ever, possibly pulling a Jessica Day and crying over it. You definitely have to try this one.

And while you’re at it, why not celebrate a little pie-loving by figuring our your pie soul mate?

Happy Pi(e) Day everyone!