There’s nothing quite like the atmosphere and experience of a great coffee shop. There’s a certain warmth and a special type of comfort that lives in coffee shops that’s just so unlike any other place you can pass time in. The busy rush of people flooding in and out, the focused students typing all snug close to their laptops, and the buzzing of espresso that’s dripping from the machines all add to the beauty and individuality that lies in these cozy escapes.

There’s so many amazing and interesting coffee shops this world has to offer. If your wallet allows you to travel the world, here’s where you should stop for a caffeine fix.

1. La Distributrice, Montreal

Coffee

Photo courtesy of thedieline.com

Known for being the smallest cafe in North America, La Distributice has hands down the best design for their coffee cups and all together packaging. The black cups with white lettering are so simple, yet so sleek and contemporary. Located by a popular subway station, baristas hand customers their coffee out the window onto the street. It’s like fashionable takeout, for coffee.

2. Everyman Espresso, New York

Coffee

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Owner Sam Lewontin combined his love for cocktails and coffee when he created Everyman Espresso. This coffee shop knows how to mix drinks on a whole new level. The specials include drinks like the “East Village Special” which consists of hologram espresso, lemon, Tiki bitters, orange cream citrate, and soda. If you’re willing to go outside of your usual coffee comfort zone, you won’t regret it here; they have national award winning baristas after all.

3. Necessary Provisions, Singapore

Coffee

Photo courtesy of necessaryprovisions.com

Necessary Provisions is the place to go for coffee if you want to be in an environment that you can’t stop admiring. The shop is known for its green dishes, paint, and plants that illuminate the room in an earthy way. Other than their fabulous and beautiful coffee drinks, they also serve meals such as rice dishes, pastas, and salads all prepared from local ingredients. By doing so, they call themselves a “simple and honest” place to order from.

4. East Beach Cafe, United Kingdom

Coffee

Photo courtesy of eastbeachcafe.co.uk

It’s a real challenge to not enjoy any kind of coffee while looking at the gorgeous view of the sea. East Beach Cafe is quite the marvel. Yet what’s truly spectacular is the building itself. The architecture, design, steelwork, engineering, and craftsmanship have won more than twenty national awards since the buildings construction in 2007. The design was inspired by the coast itself, intended to imitate the sand dunes, rocks and waves. East Beach Cafe is also a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner; they’re especially noted for their amazing seafood—no surprise there.

5. Caffè Florian, Florence

Coffee

Photo courtesy of nationalgeographic.com

In December of 1720, Caffè Florian was born. The cafe prides themselves in being the oldest cafe in the world. The front of Caffè Florian looks out onto St. Mark’s square, making it a one of a kind location to just sit and observe while life flows around you. It’s respected as a great place to experience art, music, culture, and history. Also, they serve everything on silver trays so everyone feels like royalty.

6. Truth Coffee, South Africa

Coffee

Photo courtesy of glamshops.ro

Walking into Truth Coffee, you might be thrown off initially from seeing Singer sewing machines, old fashioned candlestick telephones, and vintage typewriters. The scene of Truth Coffee is certainly edgy. The idea of the design was to show each and every costumer that they brew their coffee to absolute perfection. They accomplished this by exposing their process to brewing it, making the place look like a coffee factory. It works for them. The shop is home to exposed copper pipes, red booths, Victorian tap levers, pull chains and floor tiles, and brass shaving mirrors. It’s hard to not fall for the originality of the design of Truth.

7. Johan & Nyström, Sweden

Coffee

Photo courtesy of johanochnystrom.se

The goal of Johan & Nyström is simple: create coffee that is more fun, tastier, and most importantly, more sustainable. They aim to challenge and improve the coffee industry’s misconceptions about quality and fair trade. They are also in close relations with their coffee farmers, and like to visit the farms often themselves to ensure that the whole process is honest and true to their standards. Johan & Nyström has won multiple awards in recent years for being the best coffee shop in Sweden and second best in all of Europe.

8. Cielito Querido Cafe, Mexico City

Coffee

Photo courtesy of chilango.com

Cielito Querido Cafe is the place to go for positive and vibrant surroundings. The colorful cafe highlights the owner’s love for graphic illustrations and symbolism while providing an inspiring environment to costumers. The design draws from the past, combining graphics from both Spanish and French colonies, which is really amazing because it connects the cafe to multiple audiences. All menu items are inspired by traditional Mexican recipes. They think every neighborhood could use a Cielito Querido, and they aren’t wrong.