The start of spring marks the return of many things; some of these include flowers, longer days, warmer weather, and America’s favorite pastime: baseball. For anxious Philadelphia Phillies fans, spring means returning to Citizen’s Bank Park.

For my family and many other families who passionately support Philadelphia teams, going to a baseball game is much more than just watching a game; it’s an event. From the moment you leave your house, to the moment you leave the stadium (hopefully singing along to high hopes) your experience is sure to be special.  Part of this special experience is the many food options you can find at the ballpark. Though everyone has their own ballpark favorites, I will be ranking the top 8 must-haves when at a Phillies game.

1. Ballpark Frank

phillies

Photo courtesy of gettyimages.com

It’s not a baseball game without a hot dog. The best time to get a ballpark frank is on dollar dog night. Because the only thing better than a hot dog at a baseball game, is a cheap hot dog at a baseball game. If a regular hot dog is too mainstream for you, the park also offers specialty dogs like a Texas Tommy, a South Philly dog, or a Ripper.

2. Chickie and Pete’s Crab Fries

phillies

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Crab fries are a household name for all Philadelphians, and a go-to snack for a Philadelphia sports game. Not only are these fries with dipping sauce delicious, they never disappoint. If only we could figure out what’s in that cheese sauce!

3.Cheestesteaks

phillies

Photo courtesy of mccall.com

Now I understand how cliche a cheesesteak in Philadelphia sounds, but hey it’s a staple for a reason. You can either get your cheesesteak from Tony Luke’s or Campo’s steaks (I’m a Tony Luke’s girl, but to each their own).

4. Soft Serve Ice Cream in a Helmet

phillies

Photo courtesy of geekandproud.net

This is my hands-down, all-time favorite. There is nothing better than getting your ice cream with rainbow jimmies (sprinkles for you non-Philadelphians) served in a baseball helmet cup. THE BEST.

5. Phillies’ Graham Slam Ice Cream

phillies

Photo courtesy of blogspot.com

Yes, I know ice cream was already mentioned, but soft serve and hand dipped are in two different realms. Each of these ice cream varieties deserve their own spotlight. This is a special ice cream flavor made by Turkey Hill specifically for the Phillies. So basically, it’s a big deal.

6. Soft Pretzel

phillies

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Another Philadelphia and stadium classic is the soft pretzel. It’s great because it’s filling, but doesn’t make you feel like you ate too much. Also, it’s a snack you can eat on the go, walking around the park or just sitting at your seat enjoying the game.

7.Pork Sandwich

phillies

Photo courtesy of tonylukes.com

This one is a bit more adventurous than the other items on my list. The pork sandwich from Tony Luke’s is awesome to some but not to all. It’s an acquired taste. I did not start to like it until I was a freshman in high school. For those willing to try new things, this is a must.

8. Harry the K’s

phillies

Photo courtesy of mlb.com

I know this isn’t a food item, but you can’t expect me to pick only one of the many legendary items this in-park restaurant has to offer. You know it’s going to be great place just by the name. Anything that references a Philly icon like Harry Kalas won’t be “a swing and a miss.”

That’s the end of my list. I know this doesn’t cover all of the yummy food options at Citizens Bank, but these are a few of my favorites. “So any time you’re gettin’ low ‘stead of lettin’ go just remember that,” there is always something to eat when you go to watch the Phightin Phils.