We know there are tons of cooking competition shows on TV, but The Great British Baking Show is really something special. If you haven’t checked it out already, you definitely should. It surpasses all other cooking competition programs out there. SHOTS FIRED!
1. Who doesn’t love watching people making mouth-watering creations?
Tasty food is what really brings people together. It’s a fact.
2. The recipe challenges are so specific, the contestants don’t even know what they need to make.
What even is Povitica? Did I spell that right? Po-vuh-teet-zuh? If you want to find out more about this Croatian delicacy, check out Paul Hollywood’s official recipe here.
3. The judges possess infinite wisdom.
They are truly baking masters.
4. You can’t help but laugh at Mary and Paul’s sassiness.
They always have the final say.
5. If they aren’t enough, Sue and Mel’s puns will get you laughing.
Their one-liners are gold. You can learn more about this marvelous comedy duo here.
6. Why are these home bakers so skilled?
Seriously, where did they learn? How do they excel at all of these complicated challenges when most of them just bake for fun? We’re impressed.
7. They’re so genuinely invested in their craft, sometimes you forget it’s a competition.
The contestants are motivated by the joy of baking, not by prize money or fame, like in other cooking competitions.
8. It’s really just beautiful to watch.
Please take a look at this gem of a program. You won’t be disappointed.