Hanukkah: the festival of lights… and food. As a typical Jewish girl, I know that there are no holiday celebrations without food. And lots of it. So why not gift it? Instead of stressing yourself out trying to think of 8 different presents, making endless trips to stores and boutiques, try stepping into your kitchen.

Everyone loves food, especially sweets. So check out these 8 sweet treats that are perfect gifts for all 8 nights of Hanukkah

1. Sufganiyot (Jelly Doughnuts)

gifts

Photo by Sam Williams

This is the traditional and most delicious Hanukkah dessert. Fry up some fresh sufganiyot (jelly doughnuts), decorate them to your hearts content and gift them away. Whoever receives these dough-balls of joy will be thanking you all season long.

2. Chocolate Covered Pretzels

gifts

Photo courtesy of chocolatepizazz.com

Everyone loves chocolate covered pretzels, and stores have learned to charge A LOT for these suckers. News flash: nothing is easier than dipping a pretzel into chocolate, tossing on jimmies or sprinkles (whatever you call them) and calling it a day.

3. Hanukkah Sugar Cookies

gifts

Photo courtesy of landolakes.com

Put that simple cookie to use by creating fun Hanukkah themed shapes such as dreidels, menorahs, and stars. Spread on some blue and yellow icing, put them in a box, and gift away.

4. Chocolate Marshmallow Dreidels

gifts

Photo courtesy of etsy.com

Honestly, this is brilliant. This gift idea is perfecto for kids. Whoever said “don’t play with your food” hasn’t been gifted edible dreidels, that’s for sure. Super simple and aesthetically pleasing, this edible gift is a must.

5. Blue Velvet Cupcakes

gifts

Photo courtesy of everycollegegirl.com

Basically, this is red velvet cake dyed blue to be uber festive and it’s genius. Blue velvet cupcakes taste just as good, if not better than red velvet because, well they’re blue. Cupcakes are a reliable, well received gift that can be fancy or simple, but ALWAYS delicious. (If you want to know the secrets behind what makes any colored velvet cake so good check out this article.)

6. Rugalach

gifts

Photo by Amanda Schulman

This more traditional Hanukkah dessert will make your grandparents ecstatic. Just saying rugalach reminds me of Jewish grandmothers. I guarantee the old folks in your life will not only be impressed, but mighty greeting when you gift them a box of these tasty treats.

7. Chocolate Covered Strawberries 

gifts

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Perfect for all ages, these semi-healthy edible creations are super simple, super delicious, and super pretty. Simply dip the strawberries and decorate with whatever Hanukkah colors, or images you want. Oh, and don’t let anyone say chocolate covered strawberries are only for Valentine’s Day.

8. Cake Pops 

gifts

Photo courtesy of buzzfeed.com

Cake pops are the ultimate edible gift. They’re popular, portable, and bite-sized. Easy to decorate and more versatile than a piece of white bread (I mean in my opinion), cake pops will be the favorite edible gift for anyone you’re trying to please. More of a chocolate person? Try this basic chocolate cake pop recipe and jazz it up with some Hanukkah colored icing and sprinkles too.