Are you looking for ways to enjoy a drink without the calories, without removing dessert from your day, and without sacrificing taste?

These substitutes for your average cocktail ingredients will change the way you consume alcohol. Eat dessert every day and enjoy a cocktail- you deserve it. (Even with summer sneaking up on us.)

Cut this: Sprite

Cocktail

Photo by Alyssa Maccarrone

Substitute this: Seltzer Water

This easy switch tastes so similar you won’t understand why you didn’t make it sooner. Find some delicious seltzer-based cocktails here.

#SpoonTip: Add a splash of lemon juice and you will seriously have low-cal Sprite

Cut this: Lemonade

Cocktail

Photo by Ben Rosenstock

Substitute this: Crystal Light Powdered Lemonade Packets

To create your healthier option: mix water with the Crystal Light packet for a much healthier choice that leaves you much less hungover. The lower the sugar content, the better. And as good as lemonade tastes, it’s packed with sweeteners that will leave you feeling flattened the next morning.

Cut this: Citrus Soda

Cocktail

Photo by Caroline Liu

Substitute this: Freshly Squeezed Lemons or Limes

Cut the soda. Whether you favor grape, orange, or cherry soda to mix in your cocktails, cut them out. Freshly squeezed lemons and limes add great taste without hurting your body.

Cut this: Grenadine Syrup

Cocktail

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Substitute this: Pomegranate Juice

Pomegranate juice is just as tasty without the high added sugar content of grenadine. Make sure to find a pomegranate juice that is unsweetened and doesn’t contain any other fruit juice concentrates (AKA sneaky added sugars).

Cut this: Flavored Vodka

Cocktail

Photo by Abigail Wilkins

Substitute this: Low-Cal Vodka

Low-cal vodka (like the SkinnyGirl brand) can be an easy switch from flavored vodka to regular. That simple switch can save you 70 calories per shot in every drink. So easy and so simple.

Cut this: Cranberry Juice

Cocktail

Photo courtesy of The Sweet Art

Substitute this: Fruit Ice Cubes

These are so fun to make, and give you the great taste of whatever flavor fruit you are feeling with a fraction of the calories. Find out how to make them here.

Cut this: Cola Flavored Soda

Cocktail

Courtesy of chowhound.com

Substitute this: Low-Calorie Iced Teas

Iced Tea (especially home brewed) is about 10,000 times better for you than Coke. If you’re worried about snoozing at the bar, make sure you use black tea in your brew – it’ll give you all of the energy without the high processed ingredients and sugars.

#SpoonTip: Always remember to drink responsibly.