We live in America: the land of the brave, the free, and the fried food. From French fries to deep fried Oreos, fried food is a national phenomenon that everyone hates to love. People have even started deep frying their Thanksgiving Day turkey.

The trend has officially taken on a life of its own. Here are seven fried food recipes that may leave you concerned for America’s arteries, but also undoubtedly curious.

1. Ravioli

fried

Photo courtesy of williespub.com

This Italian favorite seems like it’d taste similar to a mozzarella stick, but with ricotta cheese. Yes, please. Make it yourself with this recipe.

2. Green Beans

fried

Photo courtesy of naturallyella.com

You may have tried this appetizer at T.G.I. Friday’s or Applebee’s. Applebee’s wins for its insane side of BBQ bacon ranch dressing. Give it your own spin with this fried green bean bundles recipe.

3. Pickles

fried

Photo by Elizabeth Laymen

They did what to a pickle? They’re actually pretty awesome when dipped in the right sauce (we all know sauce choice is the make or break). Recipe here.

4. Eggplant

fried

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Apparently deep frying vegetables is the newest way to reach the five veggies a day recommendation. Try deep fried eggplant croutons on your next homemade salad. Here’s the recipe.

5. Avocado

fried

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Everyone’s favorite power fruit is getting a crunchy makeover. Yes, avocado is a fruit people. Try a fried avocado wedge with a homemade wasabi lime mayo dipping sauce. You can find the recipe here.

6. Tequila Shots

fried

Photo by Natalie Choy

Woah, so those nasty tequila shots that you dread but nonetheless take down like a champ? Not so nasty anymore, because they’re deep-fried and topped with powdered sugar. Be prepared to be named the best pregame partner ever, here’s the recipe.

7. Snickers

fried

Photo courtesy of Pixshark.com

This is the game changer. Your roommates might call you a weirdo for deep frying a Snickers or your type of chocolate at 2 am, followed by calling you a genius. Find out how to here.

Check out these related articles: