Valentine’s Day is the ultimate brand opportunity. Every candy company in the country has figured out that they can make some extra money in February by printing hearts on their packaging. Some brands, though, have gone above and beyond by releasing special edition flavors just for Valentine’s Day. These new flavors range from simple to strange, but all of them have one thing in common: they’re seasonal…so stock up before they’re gone.

Valentine's

Photo courtesy of peeps.com

Peeps Chocolate Dipped Cherries Drizzled in Chocolate

If one brand is having fun with Valentine’s Day, it’s Peeps. The candy maker released seven new products for the holidays, but the most creative is undoubtedly this one. By pairing their classic marshmallow base with cherry flavoring and a chocolate drizzle, Peeps has reached an unprecedented level of sophistication.

Valentine's

Photo courtesy of tootsie.com

Valentine’s Dots

Dots has gone beyond simply changing their packaging this holiday season by actually releasing a whole new product with some surprising flavor combinations. The red, white and pink Valentine’s Dots represent three new flavors of gumdrops: cherry, vanilla and passion fruit. If you’re looking for a taste you probably won’t find elsewhere, buy these up before the season ends.

Valentine's

Photo courtesy of target.com

Brach’s Red Velvet Candy Corn

If candy corn is considered a love it or hate it dessert, then this sweet is surely even more polarizing. To some red velvet is a dying fad, but for those who consider it a lifelong staple, this candy is sure to become a new guilty pleasure. Don’t get too hooked though, because this one isn’t sticking around long past Valentine’s Day.

Valentine's

Photo courtesy of tootsie.com

Valentine’s Heart Junior Mints

Though these holiday special Junior Mints don’t bring any new flavors to the table, they do come oozing red mint, giving them a vaguely spooky bleeding heart look.

Valentine's

Photo courtesy of walmart.com

Strawberry and Dark Chocolate Three Musketeers

Playing on one of the most classic Valentine’s flavor combinations of all time, Three Musketeers has released this special edition line of bite-sized chocolates. They’re convenient, decadent and easier than carrying around a pocketful of chocolate-dipped strawberries.

Valentine's

Photo courtesy of target.com

Brach’s Cherry Vanilla Caramels

In what was probably one of the weirdest Valentine’s-specific candy decision of the year, Brach’s decided to release these strange and mysterious cherry vanilla caramels. Though the packaging makes them look more like peppermints than the product name wants you to believe, the candy itself resembles saltwater taffy. None of this really explains why this is marketed as a Valentine’s Day sweet, but Brach’s went ahead and slapped hearts all over the packaging anyway.

Valentine's

Photo courtesy of target.com

Lifesavers Wild Berries Gummies Heart

Though most people would not find receiving a box of gummies as romantic as getting a box of fancy chocolates, Lifesavers has nonetheless tried to burst into the Valentine’s Day arena. This product encompasses the holiday in everything from its packaging to its special edition flavors to its conversation heart style messages. It’s nontraditional, but you can see what they’re going for.