There are just those songs that no matter where you are or what you are doing that give you a sudden craving for food. Even though half the time these songs are metaphors for things other than food, the pure mention of chocolate, candy, and snacks are enough to clinch your cravings and have you at the fridge or running to the food store. So have food at your disposal or a fat wallet if you dare listen to any of these songs on an empty stomach.

“Hollaback Girl” – Gwen Stefani

songs

Gif courtesy of fusion.net

We all know we learned how to finally spell banana from this song. “It’s bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S.” After hearing and spelling the word so many times through the course of the song, even if you are one of many that disdain bananas, you find yourself craving, or at least, thinking about one or one of the many treats you can make with bananas.

“Chocolate” – The 1975

songs

Photo by Zoe Zaps

The combination of the mellow beat and repetition of the lyrics, “smells like chocolate” will make you wish it was Valentine’s Day and that you had a heart shaped box of chocolate in front of you.

“Fergalicious” – Fergie

songs

Photo courtesy of fanpop.com

The video for this song alone will have you running to a candy store. Girl Scout cookies, cake, chocolate, and an abundance of every candy you can think of in this music video will have do terrible things for your sweet tooth. PSA: only watch the video if you have a pile of candy within reach.

“Strawberry Fields Forever” – The Beatles

songs

Photo by Liana Lis

The Beatles are able to transport you to a different place in this song. A place that is quiet, serene, and of course, full of strawberries. Picturing walking through a fresh batch of newly grown strawberries will lead to an intense craving for this delicious fruit.

“Pork and Beans” – Weezer

songs

Photo courtesy of youtube.com

“I’ll eat my candy with the pork and beans” is an odd combination, but will lead you to definitely wanting one of those three foods. Whether your senses appeal to the sweet side in candy or a simple hot meal of pork and beans, you’ll be hungry regardless. The music video, on the other hand, will find you with a soda in your hand.

“Milkshake” – Kelis

songs

Photo courtesy of rollingstone.com

Although clearly not about a real milkshake, if you are not near your favorite diner or don’t have the ingredients on hand to make a milkshake don’t even think about this song.

“Formation” – Beyonce

songs

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

I mean who doesn’t love Red Lobster and Jose Cuervo? Those are just two of the many food references in the song so you’ll be sure to get a craving for one if not all of them.