If you’re from the West Coast and missing home, this article is for you. While not all the stereotypes about the West Coast are true (for example, we’re not all hippies), these food trends will be familiar to Californians and Oregonians alike. Here are seven habits that any native West Coaster is sure to understand.

1. You can name your three favorite taco trucks off the top of your head.

West Coast

Photo by Laura Ryan

Seattleites are still rejoicing over the fact that El Camión now has multiple trucks and Los Angeles natives can probably tell you the location of every Leo’s Truck in the city. All West Coast foodies know that the best order is the fresh fish taco.

2. You can testify for In-N-Out or Dick’s Burgers.

West Coast

Photo courtesy of geekwire.com

The fries are what make Dick’s so special, but the In-N-Out Animal Style burger is equally as life changing. Shake Shack really just doesn’t compare.

3. Your tastebuds can identify different species of salmon in a blind taste test.

West Coast

Photo by Ataya Kanji

Okay, so this may be an exaggeration. But, you still know the difference between Coho and Sockeye.

4. You’ve tried a Sushi Burrito.

West Coast

Photo courtesy of zuppler.com

They might be slowly migrating to the East Coast, but let’s not forget where the sushi burrito originated: good ‘ol San Francisco. Is it a little weird to pack a sushi roll into a burrito? Yes it is. Do we love it anyways? Yes, we do.

5. You miss the taste of a fresh avocado.

West Coast

Photo by Ataya Kanji

As a California speciality, avocados are best served when they can be picked, scooped and mashed all within 5 minutes. When they have to be shipped across the country, they aren’t quite as perfect.

6. You know the aroma of summer berries sold at the farmer’s market.

West Coast

Photo by Ataya Kanji

Yes, farmers’ markets are a thing on the East Coast too, but there’s just something special about the hand picked raspberries from the Northwest. Grown in summer sun, these berries are ripened to perfection.

7. You believe there’s nothing better than freshly caught fish.

West Coast

Photo by Ataya Kanji

Odds are you even have your own favorite fresh fish vendor if you live in the west. Fresh fish is a staple in most West Coasters’ diets and you know just how to add it to every recipe, even spaghetti.

If you agreed with at least five of these, it’s official, you haven’t shaken your hometown roots. But as the saying goes, West Coast, best coast.

Not a West Coaster? That’s okay. Check out these other articles to see what foodie-category you belong to: