There’s no doubt: we’re a generation constantly on the lookout for all that is new, creative or just plain healthier in the food world (AKA organic, all-natural, gluten-free, preservative-free…You get the point).

What that has turned into, though, is an excuse for “trendier” grocery stores, like Whole Foods, to jack up the price of products they see as appealing to us health-conscious millennials. From nut milks to powdered fruit, Whole Foods has found every opportunity to charge crazy amounts of money for products ranging from the odd to the everyday in the hopes that ardent trend-followers or health nuts will be willing to shell out the big bucks. Here are 7 products and price tags that show Whole Foods really has gone too far this time.

1. Vegan mayonnaise ($8.99)

whole foods

Photo by Saoirse Hahn

While there’s reason enough to go with a cruelty-free diet, it’s hard to think of something more cruel than paying $9 for a jar of mayo.

2. Jar of honey ($35.99)

whole foods

Photo by Saoirse Hahn

Not sure what’s so special about these bees, but according to Whole Foods, they’re spitting out honey worth $36 a jar. Since when did the same old honey you drizzle over your Greek yogurt get to be such a delicacy?

3. Clarified butter ($11.99)

whole foods

Photo by Saoirse Hahn

I guess putting an exotic name on clarified butter automatically triples the price. “Ghee” is essentially milk fat rendered from butter, traditionally used in Indian cuisine. What’s even worse is you can make your own clarified butter from normal butter in under 10 minutes.

4. Bar of soap ($6.99)

whole foods

Photo by Saoirse Hahn

This soap better make you sparkle at $7 a bar. And to think we’d pay more than the price of a Chick-fil-A sandwich for something that you’re just going to wash off.

5. Almond butter ($19.99)

whole foods

Photo by Saoirse Hahn

Not sure what’s mixed into this almond butter to make it $20 a jar (well, we know it’s not salt or sugar…), but you’ve never had less reason to buy it.

6. Hand cut soap ($21.99/lb)

whole foods

Photo by Saoirse Hahn

I don’t care what tools (or hands) are used to cut my soap, as long as I’m not paying $22 per pound for it.

7. Blueberry powder ($15.99)

whole foods

Photo by Saoirse Hahn

We couldn’t tell you why blueberry powder exists, but apparently it’s got some magic in it since it’s selling for $17 per 4.2-oz bag.

With price tags like these, Whole-Foods-loving health nuts are taking “broke college student” to a whole new level. For now, maybe the more “reasonable” $6 almond butter will have to suffice.

whole foods

Giphy.com