Without a doubt, grocery shopping can be a nightmare. It often feels like the check-out lines are extending past the door and all of the employees just happen to be on break during your visit. While we can’t control time spent at the cash register or the number of people rushing through the aisles, we can control our grocery list. Knowing which products are of the best value beforehand is key to a fast and simple trip.

Here is a guide to our favorite and most nutritious granola brands loaded with healthy grains and low in sugar.

Bear Naked: Fruit and Nut

A ¼ cup serving is only 140 calories and provides three grams of protein. The sugar content is low, at a mere six grams. This fruit and nut medley is all natural, without any added sugars. The crunch of toasted almonds and the chewiness of dried cranberries and sun-ripened raisins blend together nicely. Add vanilla soy milk in a bowl to balance out the fruitiness.

Granolas

Photo by Christine Chang

KIND: Peanut Butter Whole Grain Clusters

This granola is gluten-free and consists of 16 grams of amaranth, quinoa, oats, millet and buckwheat. It contains no trans fats, refined sugars or cholesterol and provides five grams of protein per ⅓ cup serving. With only five grams of sugar and 130 calories, it’s hard to believe that there are delicious clusters of peanut butter inside. Sprinkle onto plain Greek yogurt with sliced banana for a protein-packed breakfast.

Granolas

Photo courtesy of peanutbutterandpeppers.com

Back to Nature: Chocolate Delight

A ½ cup serving has 28 grams of whole grains, five grams of protein and four grams of dietary fiber. To make it even better, dark chocolate chunks are added to deliver a sweet burst of flavor without causing a complete sugar overload. If you feel the thirteen grams of sugar per serving is too high, pour yourself half a serving. Problem solved!

Granolas

Photo by Christine Chang

Nature’s Path: Pumpkin Flax Granola

This dense, crunchy and vegan granola is truly a super food. Loaded with five grams of fiber, six grams of protein and 31 grams of whole grains per ¾ cup serving, this cereal is terrific for breakfast and will keep you energized all day. It’s also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids due to its rich pumpkin and flax content.

Granolas

Photo courtesy of slowthingsdown.wordpress.com

Ola: Cranberry Orange Pecan

This vegan and gluten-free granola has no added oils or saturated fats and is low-glycemic with a minimal sugar content of four grams. A ⅓ cup serving is only 100 calories, and the carbohydrate content is extremely low. This granola is great for those who are diabetic or in need of monitoring carbohydrate intake. Add a serving to Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon; the spice pairs well with the orange and pecan flavors.

Granolas

Photo courtesy of sweeps4bloggers.com

365: Honey Almond Flax Protein & Fiber Crunch

This cereal, found at Whole Foods locations, is naturally sweetened and combines almonds, flaxseed and honey for optimal taste. It provides nine grams of protein, nine grams of fiber and 580 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acids per 1-cup serving. With such great nutritional value, this large portion has only 200 calories! Pour vanilla soy milk over a cup of the cereal to complement the nutty, almond flavor.

Granolas

Photo courtesy of thehealthyvita.com

Kashi: GOLEAN Crunch!

Similar to 365, a 1-cup serving also provides nine grams of protein, is naturally sweetened and has only 200 calories. The fiber content is almost as good, at a close eight grams. It also provides phosphorous and magnesium, two key nutrients to keep our bodies running smoothly. A serving in the morning will keep you full until lunch, and the drizzle of honey on the clusters keeps a sweet tooth in check.

Granolas

Photo courtesy of stuftmama.com