Repeat after me. “Hi, I’m *insert name here* and I am a guacaholic.” Easy, right? They say the first step to solving your problem is admitting you have one, but it turns out loving guacamole isn’t a problem at all; in fact, it’s good for you.

Here are six reasons why it’s time to ditch your kale salad and matcha latte and start scarfing down the real green hero: guacamole.

1. Guac Is A Total Heart Throb

GIF courtesy of eldemore.com

Guacamole is a fibre-rich snack. Fibre is super important because it helps prevent heart attacks, lowers cholesterol and controls our blood sugar levels. A typical serving of guac contains around 8 grams of fibre, which is about 25% of the recommended daily serving. Not only will your taste buds be thanking you, but so will your heart next time you #TreatYoSelf to this munch.

2. Say Goodbye to Your Glasses, Four Eyes

This dish is packed with vitamin A, which has many health benefits including improved vision (buh-bye carrots). Vitamin A plays a large role in protecting the cornea (AKA the surface of the eye, for all you non-science students) and also contributes to heightened vision in low light settings. Who needs night vision goggles when you can eat guac?!

3. It Keeps Ya Healthy

GIF courtesy of GIPHY

Guac is rich in vitamins E and C, both of which are essential in boosting your immune system. In fact, one cup of guacamole is about a third of the recommended daily intake of vitamin E. Vitamin E is pretty much your BFF, because it helps prevent conditions like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and Alzheimers. And if that’s not convincing enough, vitamin C helps fight off bacteria to keep you from getting sick so you can spend your days partying with friends.

4. Guac Helps You Poop

GIF courtesy of rebloggy.com

Again, shout out to #fibre for saving the day. Another benefit of fibre is that it keeps you from getting constipated. According to my real life doctor, WebMD, fibre “increases the stool weight and the amount of bacteria in the stool.” AKA fibre helps you shit. I don’t know about you, but I am throwing out my boring old Raisin Bran and grabbing a bowl of guac.

5. It’ll Help You Achieve Your Summer Body

GIF courtesy of GIFY.com

Have you ever heard of oleoylethanolamide (OEA)? Don’t worry I hadn’t either, but it turns out OEA is basically an on and off switch for your hunger. OEA is found in foods with mono-saturated fats (read: HEALTHY fats) like avocados, and it lets your brain know when it’s time to stop eating.

#SpoonTip: Try opting for healthy dipping alternatives instead of salty and fattening chips. By swapping processed potatoes with baked vegetables, you can achieve that summer bod even faster AND it will save you money on your next trip to the grocery store.

6. It’s Freaking Delicious 

GIF courtesy of i.kinga-img.com

Need I say more? Everyone knows guac is a classic go-to snack for when your stomach is growling or when you just need a little pick-me-up. Check out these rockin’ guacs that will make you scream holy guacamole!

GIF courtesy of imgur.com