The end of the semester is fast approaching at Fairfield, and there’s still so much to do. Many students are probably still wondering if there are any clubs or extracurricular activities that they missed out on over the past eight months. News flash, there is: Spoon University!

To celebrate our lil’ chapter of this food blog getting up and off the ground, we’re having a launch party on April 27 at 12:00 in the Lower Level BCC. Here are ten reasons why you should be there or be square!

1. Free Food (duh)

launch party

This one is a given, but so so important. Spoon is working with some of Fairfield’s greatest restaurants to make this launch party awesome. In the mood for Mexican? Bar Taco’s got you covered. Want something lighter, like a salad? Pronto can whip something up for you.

As a college town, Fairfield prides itself on its food, and here’s a chance to get your hands on a bunch of it without spending any of your precious Stag Bucks.

2. You can meet the staff

launch party

The best part about Spoon University is that it’s run by regular students just like you. Unlike most other publications, the fact that Spoon is full of college kids helps make it so much more relatable and interesting to young twenty-somethings; twenty-somethings with ideas about food!

So if you’ve been looking for someone to discuss cookie butter recipes with or someone who shares your love of a certain regional dish, our staff of writers will be there and would love to chat you up! (We’re wicked nice, I promise.)

3. Photo booth fun

launch party

Photo courtesy of @fairfieldadmission on Instagram

“Pics or it didn’t happen”, am I right? And rumor has it that this launch party will have tons of fun props and a backdrop to take pictures against. Group shots, selfies, we won’t judge!

Besides, we all know that food pics get the most likes anyway! Take a pic at the launch party, and you’ll pass the dreaded eleven likes threshold with ease.

4. It’s so close it’s hard not to show up

launch party

Photo courtesy of @fairfieldu on Instagram

I don’t know about you guys, but I walk through Barone multiple times a day and I always look to see what’s going on in the LLBCC. With the amount of foot traffic heading through the BCC at any given hour, it’s almost impossible to not find some interesting event to sit in on.

And you try to tell me that if you walked by an event with free food, good music, and great people that you wouldn’t pop on down and see what was going on. (If you say you wouldn’t, then you’re a damn liar.)

5. You might find your new passion

launch party

This launch party is the perfect way to figure out what Spoon is all about and whether or not you’re interested in joining this upcoming semester. Any sort of writing experience looks great on a resume and food is definitely something one can write tons of articles about.

Who knows? Your first article might go viral!

6. It’s a break from the monotony of classes

launch party

Got the school week blues? Need an extra push to get through the rest of the week? The Spoon launch party is the perfect break that you need! If you have even a little time between classes, you can stop by the LLBCC and meet some cool people and grab a snack.

I don’t know about you, but free food and music sounds a lot better than sitting in classes on a nice spring day.