For me, summer is all about drinking beverages instead of hogging on junk. The soaring temperature just kills my urge to eat, so I prefer slurping something every hour instead to keep myself hydrated. To slake my thirst, these are the drinks that I totally depend on because having the usual bland water all the time is boring, isn’t it?

Here is my curated list of 6 heavenly Indian drinks you ought to have this summer, with some recommendations as well. Read on to find out more.

1. Mango Panna

Summer

Photo By Tarunima Kumar

Mango, being the flavour of the season (and my favourite) makes this drink a must have. This summer chiller is known for its heat resistant properties. It is flavorful, appetizing, low fat and sugar-free.

#SpoonRecommends: Café Lota, Pragati Maidan and Karnataka Food Centre, R K Puram

2. Shikanji (Lemonade)

Summer

Photo By Sabhyata Badhwar

This drink takes me back to my school days. I used to have a glass of the good old lemonade as soon as I reached home from school. The sweet,tangy and cold glass brought such a relief from the heat.

#SpoonRecommends: Ved Prakash’s stall in Chandani Chowk and Statesman House, Barakhamba Road, Connaught Place

3. Lassi

Summer

Photo Courtesy of @spoon_du on Instagram

A good blend of yogurt, water and some spices are all that you need to get a refreshing glass of Lassi. You can have it sweet by adding sugar also.

Also, #SpoonTip: Try blending some fruit to make it taste even more heavenly. (thank us later!)

#SpoonRecommends: Bille di Hatti, Kamla Nagar and Meghraj and Sons, Chandani Chowk.

4. Sugarcane Juice

Summer

Photo By Mehak Dhawan

A chilled glass of sugarcane juice is all you need to get your energy levels at their highest possible. It is not only yummy but also one of the healthiest drinks that you can have this summer. It helps to reduce weight as well as clear your skin. Good enough reasons to get a glass right now, eh?

5. Jal Jeera

Summer

Photo Courtesy of indianexpress.com

A refreshing drink full of some really strong flavours, Jaljeera is a blend of cumin seeds, ginger, tamarind and mint. According to an article in The Indian Express (and Mikesh from Permanent Roommates), the drink is known for its digestive properties as well. It is available across various street vendors and a chilled glass of this sour-tangy wonder is good enough to keep you going throughout the day.

6. Coconut Water

Summer

Photo Courtesy of stylecraze.com

It is super hydrating, cholesterol free and definitely a tasty alternative to the all-time bland water. This ultimate thirst quencher will surely help you beat the heat and keep yourself hydrated. The best part is that it needs no preparation.

#SpoonTip: You can upgrade your favourite dishes by adding some coconut water to them, find some recipes here.

Try these out if you haven’t already and let us know which one is your favourite.