Going gluten free is very trendy, but some people have no choice. Whether they have celiac disease, suffer from a gluten allergy/intolerance, or maybe they have just eliminated gluten to maintain a healthier lifestyle, the lil’ gluten guy is a no-no.

Maintaining a gluten free diet is definitely not easy. It makes going out to eat more difficult and having to constantly check the ingredients of foods is a hassle. However, gluten free diets are quiet common today, and thus, an entirely new industry has developed.

gluten-free

Who better to lead this emerging industry than some of the most well-known people in Hollywood’s industry? These celebs aren’t just trying out the fad for a few weeks, they have completely eliminated gluten from their diets. Read on to find out about the celebrities you never knew completely kissed gluten goodbye.

Zooey Deschanel

gluten-free

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Wheat is only one of the many things this poor New Girl star is allergic to. In addition to her gluten allergy, she is also allergic to eggs and dairy. So, when Zooey appeared on Top Chef Masters, this made it difficult for contestants to please her. Chefs had to create a delicious meal and also accommodate her dietary needs.

Emmy Rossum

gluten-free

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

The Shameless star has celiac disease, which is an autoimmune disorder that causes the body to attack the small intestine upon ingestion of the protein, gluten. In 2010, she revealed she had celiac disease on MTV News when she was surprised with a cupcake for her birthday. She apologized and just ate the icing instead. Rossum also regularly tweets about gluten free snacks.

Chelsea Clinton

gluten-free

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

For her 2010 wedding, Chelsea and Marc Mezvinsky’s cake was gluten-free and there was even a vegan menu. This is due to the fact that Chelsea has a gluten allergy and has been a vegan since she was a teenager.

Jessica Simpson

gluten-free

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

This singer has a severe gluten intolerance. She says that she cannot properly digest wheat products, and when she does happen to eat it, her stomach becomes severely inflamed. She has even developed ulcers as a result of the inflammation. Yikes. By avoiding high-carbohydrate wheat products, Jessica is also able to maintain her slim shape.

Victoria Beckham

gluten-free

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

This celeb’s main reason for being gluten free is to stay fit and slim. She also claims to be sensitive to gluten. Victoria insists that her body has a problem breaking down gluten, which is why she gains weight easily. Therefore, she follows a gluten free diet to stay thin.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck

gluten-free

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

This previous View co-host and Survivor cast member actually self-diagnosed herself with celiac after being on Survivor. After having no choice but to eliminate gluten and wheat from her diet while on the show, Elisabeth was pain-free for the first time. When she returned from the show, she finally realized that there was a correlation between her gluten consumption and getting sick.