The avocado craze has hit many hard. It's the perfect food to fill you up and energize you, without making you feel bloated or heavy. Avocados are good for just about every meal, and are especially foodgasm-inducing on warm toast. 

But toasters aren't allowed in dorm rooms, and so I've had to get creative with my methods of avocado consumption. If I don't feel like eating it plain, I'll eat it one of five ways seen below. Hopefully, one of these five simple ways to eat avocado (that aren't on toast) will speak to you, and lead you to make even more creative recipes.

1. Avocado Hummus

cream, wasabi, avocado, vegetable, herb, guacamole
Marie Chantal Marauta

I originally tried this at The Butcher's Daughter in New York City, and fell in love with it. Combining creamed avocado with either chickpeas or cannellini beans creates a thicker, grittier concoction, and depending on your chosen recipe, the addition of various spices gives it an extra kick. It's the ideal dish for either a light lunch or a substantial snack.

2. Avocado Burger

cheese, avocado
Marie Chantal Marauta

Craving a burger but are gluten-free and don't eat beef? This burger is the perfect solution: the two halves of an avocado form the bun, and a hearty layer of smoked salmon is the sophisticated patty. The contrast of soft avocado and tangy salmon is complimented by toasted sesame seeds, for a complete explosion of flavors. Find the recipe here

3. Avocado Chocolate Mousse

sweet, cream, chocolate
Marie Chantal Marauta

Created by famed food blogger and chef Elana of Meal and a Spiel, this is a vegan, low-sugar chocolate mousse guaranteed to make your tastebuds tingle. A mix of dark chocolate, avocado, coconut oil, and agave (among other things), this mousse quickly became one of my favorite desserts. It's tasty and satisfies chocolate cravings, while keeping you healthy (enough). 

4. Avocado Sushi

tuna, wasabi, cucumber, shrimp, salmon, fish, rice, seafood, avocado, sushi
Marie Chantal Marauta

This isn't as imaginative as the previous recipes, but is yummy all the same. If you'd like to eat sushi but are either vegetarian or scared of raw fish, then a thick cube of avocado rolled in seaweed and sticky rice is your best option. And if you buy it from any of the supermarkets or food stalls near you, you're guaranteed not to have dubious stomach problems (because bad fish is an issue). 

5. Avocado with Interesting Condiments 

avocado
Marie Chantal Marauta

The Shop in Providence, RI, serves this flavorful dish: avocado cut in half and filled with lime, chili flakes and celtic sea salt. There's something magical about the mix of smooth, soft avocado and the strong, pronounced taste of condiments like lime and chili flakes. Try different condiment variations, and see what works best for your tastebuds. 

So there you go, five creative ways of eating avocado that aren't on toast, and that are guaranteed to satiate you. Hopefully, eating avocados in one of these ways will make you feel a little less basic.