We’ve all got honey in our cupboards. Maybe you use it to sweeten up your tea. But did you know that honey can be used for a ton of other things too? Honey never expires, either, so instead of letting it crystallize, use it to help yourself. Buckle up honey, we’re going for a ride.

1. Wax for Hair Removal and Smooth Skin

got honey

GIF by Jina Kim

Mix 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup honey, and 1/2 juice (2 Tbsp) of lemon juice. Mix ‘er up real good, and microwave it for around 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep your eye on it, as bubbling sugar will turn into a sticky mess. Once it’s out, let it cool for 10 minutes, or until it’s warm enough to handle. Apply to hairy areas, lay a strip of an old, cut-up T-shirt, and wax away.

2. Cuticle Softener

got honey

GIF by Jina Kim

If you’ve got some nasty cuticles that need some hydration, just massage in some honey to soften things up. Let it chill for 5 minutes. Wash off with warm water afterwards.

3. Ultra-Effective Burn Ointment

got honey

GIF by Jina Kim

Burns suck. No worries. Treat the affected area with equal parts honey and aloe-vera gel. Both are extremely effective at treating burns, so this’ll soothe the pain, no biggie.

4. A Pepto-Bismol Alternative (for the low)

got honey

GIF by Jina Kim

We’re all broke here, and it turns out mixing 1 tbsp of honey into your choice of tea (green is the way to go, IMO), helps out with digestion. Say goodbye to beer shits.

4. Knockout Acne Treatment

got honey

GIF by Jina Kim

ACNE BLOWS. Hit that sucker with a dab of honey, and leave it on overnight. By the next day, it should be gone.

Honey is sweet.