Valentine's Day is coming, but for those of us who don't have dates, it's more like Galentine's Day. Why not check out these classic date spots with your friends? There's not much better than having delicious food and a bestie's company.

Geja's Café

Geja's Café is among the top 100 most romantic restaurants in America according to OpenTable. You can either go for the cheese fondue, which is served with vegetables, meats, and bread or the rich chocolate fondue, which is served with a variety of fruits and treats. Both fondues are infused with a little bit of alcohol, which is a bonus to this romantic and unique spot.

WHISK

Bring a group of friends and sugar up your Valentine's Day morning at WHISK! WHISK has decent egg options, breakfast sandwiches and omelettes, but what sets it apart from other brunch places is its creative sweet dishes. Don't Snickers-stuffed french toast or pumpkin cinnamon roll pancakes sound like a great way to treat yourself? If you're going all out, try the pear pancakes.

Bombobar

Bombobar is the dessert shop of the famous Italian restaurant Bar Siena in West Loop. It's most famous for its s'mores and funfetti hotter chocolate. As shown in the picture, their original hot chocolate is accompanied by toasted marshmallow, whipped cream, and other sweet goods. Make sure you also order bombolonis. These are cute Italian donuts that come with a tiny syringe of chocolate sauce.

Mindy's Hot Chocolate

Mindy's Hot Chocolate is a classic date spot in Chicago and another great place for something rich and chocolaty. The must-have at Mindy's is its signature hot chocolate that comes with a huge chunk of house-made marshmallow. There's also a good selection of brunch, lunch, and dinner food if you're looking for something besides dessert.

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria

Personally, I think Lou Malnati's is just as good as (or even better than) Giordano's. Look how appealing and cheesy the pizza looks in the picture! Treat yourself or your bae (AKA best friend) to a heart-shaped deep-dish pizza to warm up your Valentine's Day. You can also get heart-shaped chocolate chip pizza. What else do you need besides cheesy pizza and chocolate?

Don't worry if you don't have a date for Valentine's Day. Go on a date with your best friends and turn this special day into Galentine's Day. Have amazing food, get cozy, and watch rom coms. Happy Galentine's Day!

gif