Remember the last time you ate too much? Maybe it was Thanksgiving? Or last Tuesday? Now multiply that stuffed feeling by five. This may come close to the level of fullness you will feel after completing any of these five food challenges.

These outrageous challenges will help you discover the ultimate truth about yourself: what are you willing to do for a free meal or t-shirt (in some cases, both)? Now it’s time to figure out which of these culinary contests is right for you.

Join the Pho-nomenon

food challenges

Photo courtesy of Pho Cam Ly

Pho has recently become one of the trendiest meals, so it’s only right for it to have its own food challenge. We turn to Pho Cam Ly, a restaurant in Uptown New Orleans where, for $40, a customer can pay to stuff him or herself with two pounds of beef, noodles, and all the broth that comes along with it.

If this monumental task is finished in less than an hour, the customer receives a free meal, a free shirt, and his/her picture on the Wall of Fame. Nothing tastes better than Vietnamese pho mixed with sweet victory.

Oysters on Oysters on Oysters

food challenges

Photo courtesy of travelchannel.com

New Orleans takes its oysters very seriously, and Acme Oyster House in the French Quarter is no exception. Their 15 Dozen Oyster Club Challenge is a true test for an oyster lover. The lucky contestant must finish four pounds of oysters (or roughly 180) in less than an hour.

Though the seafood costs $13.25 per dozen, the rewards include a free shirt, a picture on the Wall of Fame, and a half off discount. For the overachievers who break the house quantity record, your meal is completely free.

Win the Weiner

food challenges

Photo courtesy of datdognola.com

Dat Dog does not serve just an average hot dog, but a unique combinations of sausage, toppings and heavenly rolls of bread. Their Datzilla Challenge could even frighten those with iron stomachs.

A giant hot dog with plentiful toppings, totalling 4.4 pounds must be eaten. If this challenge is completed in a short twenty minutes, you’ll receive a free t-shirt, free meal (originally $43), free dog on your next visit, and your photo on the Wall of Fame.

Can You Handle the Heat?

food challenges

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

Possibly the most challenging on the list, the Bayou Beast Hot Wings Challenge is not for the faint of heart. Hosted by Bayou Hot Wings in true New Orleans style, the challenge is to eat ten hot wings in five minutes.

No drinks, napkins, or outside help is allowed, and less than ten percent of those who tried have succeeded. But don’t be discouraged! You’ll receive a free shirt, a picture on the Wall of Fame, and really bad heartburn.

There May Be Such a Thing as Too Much Dessert

food challenges

Photo courtesy of nola.com

Creole Creamery, the famously delicious New Orleans ice cream shop, offers the Tchoupitoulas Challenge, consisting of eight scoops of ice cream and eight toppings. Although there is no time limit, the 4.4 pound challenge must be finished in one sitting.

Upon completion, the contestant’s name goes on the very exclusive Wall of Fame. The store’s motto is “Eat Ice Cream, Be Happy”, but you might find yourself cursing this optimistic credo when you’re finishing your last scoop.

Still Hungry? Check Out These Links: